Not wanting to eat.

leanmama
on 5/26/13 9:44 pm - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

I find I am constantly talking myself out of eating anything because I am so tired of all the BM's, accidents, gas and just pain with chronic pooping.  Food feels great in my stomach, tastes great ( too good at times) making low carb choices mainly, then the hidden carb**** and whoose...you know what I mean.

I just do not want to eat because I know / fear what will follow.

Anyone else? Or am I the one with psyche issues?

Thanks.

PS had DS revision from VSG on 3/29/13.

southernlady5464
on 5/26/13 10:53 pm

Your DS insides are still healing...stick to hydration and protein.

EVEN if you go low carb, your choices may still bite you in the butt...most low carb that is NOT meat or fat has sugar alcohols. Also you may be one of the ones that can not handle NET carbs...you may have to count ALL carbs. Fiber will also bite you in the butt early on.

While your sleeve is not new to food, your gut is...treat it like a baby...it will heal and all this will pass. Stick to protein right now.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

leanmama
on 5/27/13 2:50 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

Thanks so  much.  I wondered if the sleeve being mature would cause me to eat too much or wrong ( I say that with a grimace) choices?  That could be.  I stay away for sugar alcohols they always gave me gassssss and the runs prior to any surgery.  I need to eat blander food / proteins but steamed chicken and fish is getting old.  I did make some pretty plan ricotta and hamburger meatballs the other day,  red sauce minimal - does not seem to hurt going down maybe that is a culpreit in the outgoing issues.  thaks for responding in a positive suggestive way.

Valerie G.
on 5/28/13 3:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Red sauce, onions, peppers, and some other "flavoring veggies" can be the cause of some of your reactions. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

leanmama
on 5/27/13 2:52 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

Will treat my "baby" better and rock it to sleep.  I seem to forget how massive my surgery was and the PAIN afterward. March 29 seem long time ago in some some ways and just yesterday in healing days.

PeteA
on 5/27/13 2:06 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Well........ When you have those results I would call it a logical response not an issue. The real issue may be
that you are being too adventurous with your food choices. Focus on liquids and protein for a couple of days
to let things settle down.

I didn't actively not want to eat but for the first month I could have cared less. I had to set up a schedule for liquids
and proteins to make sure I was getting in the right amounts. People used to tell me it is just "food for the machine".
I thought they were crazy but it seemed like the right attitude for those first couple of weeks. Now I have some interest back in eating I'm worried about making mistakes. SIghhh. Some things just take time.

Feel better soon.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

jashley
on 5/27/13 2:45 am, edited 5/27/13 2:46 am
DS on 12/19/12

At my 2 month mark, I felt like a cow in rich pastures.  I went constantly, explosively, noisily.  I also developed a fissure from the constant use of the back end.  That was pure evil attached.  Hated that to no end.

I learned to eat cleanly for a while.  I mean plain Greek yogurt, heavy cream, protein powders, eggs, pork, fish, chicken and beef.  I fried stuff, and baked stuff, but I didn’t eat anything swimming in grease.  No veggies.  No ‘carb smart’ or other sugar substitute products either.  No SF jello.  Cut everything out of your diet that has fiber or doesn’t come directly from the land.  No fake chemicals in it at all.  Don’t add a bunch of fat at this point, unless you get constipated. 

This cleared up my gas and Explosive Cow Syndrome.  And it helped me heal/cure the fissure.  My guts calmed right down.  I got my BM schedule down.  I could go out in public without gas, and never felt that ‘urgent need to find a bathroom SOON’ .

After you get your system cleaned out, calmed down and functioning well – add 1 new thing every 4 days.  I added Splenda, then other sugar substitutes, then SF pudding, then on and on. 

Some stuff just isn’t tolerated – but now I can narrow it down to that item.  Before, I was eating all over the place and crapping my brains out.  I never had a clue to what a healed system felt like, nor what foods were causing such a problem for me.

leanmama
on 5/27/13 2:57 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

THANKS,  I will bookmark this response!  Tell you what happens or better yet what does not happen. Now just gotta get the blender off the shelf.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views