carbs

scaryreader
on 6/13/13 10:16 am - Chicago, IL

OK, I'm almost 7yrs out & I still don't know exactly what "carbs" I should eliminate & how much. Since they seem to be the culprit causing my gas issues.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

LEE
on 6/13/13 10:41 am

I am only 2 1/2 months out with my new DS and I do the elimination thing to try to find out what bloats and gives me gas.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
MsBatt
on 6/13/13 11:30 am

Start by cutting them ALL out for a few days, until you're pretty much gas free. Then add back in ONE specific carb for a few days and see what happens. If everything's okay, then add another specific carb. Repeat as necessary. And remember that lactose---milk sugar---is often the culprit for many people.

Lyss Remaly
on 6/17/13 12:08 pm - Wheeling, IL

I cut out all gluten and dairy and have not had ANY gas/bloatey feelings.  I eat complex carbs that are slow digesting.  Sweet potatoes, quinoa, steel cut oats.  I eat these every day.  I might splurge on the weekends and eat a gluten free english muffin with natural peanut butter.  Since cutting out the gluten my body just feels SO amazing!  OOO AND I started drinking psyllium husk in the morning and that also helps I think taking away the bloat. GOOD LUCK!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views