Sharp abdominal pains

Evoll_grll
on 7/2/13 3:36 am - Salem, OR
Looking for some input on what's been going on with me. I'm almost 4 years post op ds with a slightly longer intestinal tract left than most of you. I have a 17 month old son, and take my vitamins daily. While I was pregnant, and especially after my son was born, I started I get this sharp pain in my stomache that would come and go. It was right under my sternum. The dr thought that I could have micro-fractured my sternum during childbirth, causing the intermittent pain. Well, it is now 17 months later and the pain still comes. Sometimes it wakes me up in the middle of the night. It's hard to breath, feels like I need to stretch out, but that makes it worse at first, then it makes it enter twists the end. The episodes last about 20 minutes, and happen almost daily. Sometimes when I first wake up, sometimes mid day. Full stomache, empty stomach. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason. Then yesterday I got a tooth pulled and was given liquid Vicodin. The pain has been near constant since I started taking it. I almost went to the hospital last night becomes of this. My dr says its not an ulcer because I take Prilosec daily. An she doesn't think it's a hernia, bc I already had a hiatal hernia and it was fixed (pre surgery). I also get cramps around my belly button that seem to pulsate and cramps on my side when I have to go to the bathroom. Again my dr is not concerned. I think it's bc I don't have insurance and she doesn't want to schedule expensive tests. My counts have been fine, btw... But I'm starting to get scared. My surgeon is too far for me to get to and when I called them they said they'd have to see me. So I'm wondering if maybe I should try to get in to see a local surgeon or ask my dr to please call the surgeon and coordinate testing? Or maybe I'm just over reacting to indigestion? Ideas?
                         HW / SW / CW / GW          404 / 355 / 235 / 180

Evoll_grll
on 7/2/13 3:54 am - Salem, OR
Sorry about the many typos. My world is spinning from the pain meds. If something doesn't make sense, please ask.

sonyamarie75
on 7/2/13 11:05 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

You can still have an ulcer and be on prilosec. It could be lots of things :( How many times a day are you taking the prilosec?

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Evoll_grll
on 7/2/13 11:08 am - Salem, OR
That's what I said. In which case she referred me to my surgeon. And I are it twice a day.

larra
on 7/2/13 12:18 pm - bay area, CA

could still be an ulcer, or could be your gall bladder if it wasn't removed, or could be an abdominal wall hernis (completely different from hiatal hernia, or could be...all kinds of things. If your pcp is unwlling or too lazy to do a real work-up, find a different doctor.

Larra

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 270 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views