6 more days

Nancy T.
on 7/10/13 1:28 am
DS on 07/16/13

I'm brand new on this forum.  I've been reading posts for a few months and can't wait for the 16th to get here.  However, I admit I am starting to feel a little nervous - Pre Buyer's Remorse??   With all the changes to your lives, from what I've read on this forum, the stinky poop, gas, (does that ever decrease?), nausea, finding what to eat, etc., is anyone regretting this particular surgery?  I know the weight loss is a huge reward and I really look forward to that.  I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that this surgery is worth it.

Huneypie
on 7/10/13 2:18 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Gas for most of us is controllable with what we eat... stay the path of Atkins and you'll do well.

I never suffered with nausea but just took it easy early out - now that I'm nearly 3 years out from being sleeved I can eat a fair bit (maybe not so much when you compare it to normies).

It's YMMV thing and all you can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  I'm swinging critters for you to have an easy recovery.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

PeteA
on 7/10/13 4:45 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I'm 3 months out. My bowels have settled in. I worry more about constipation. For me too,  the bad gas has to do with what I eat. Every once in a while my body gets pissed when I add something new to my diet but it last one day and is over.

Everybody is different but no need to think the worst. You just handle each issue as it comes up and pretty soon you are thinking that this isn't so bad, and you lose weight too. 

I occasionally get the DS smell with my poo but Ozium does work wonders. wink

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Irishnurse
on 7/10/13 10:25 am
DS on 04/17/13

As I am learning..the poopie situations can have something to do with not taking enough calcium and iron as well. I am only two months out and I had poop issues before the surgery with IBS. So added to the DS I am having a hard time getting it all under control but it is not intolerable. It is not even diarrhea it is just soft.  I usually go in the morning and at night and have a huge break in between. My poo does not really smell that pad. I use poo pourri and it seems to do the trick. 

I will tell you honestly...I would do it all again anyway. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 7/10/13 12:21 pm, edited 7/10/13 12:21 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I've had the same question.

Ever since I started researching DS, I've been searching and searching Google for "DS regrets" and other similar phrases. I can't say that I've found very many people *****gret getting the surgery.

Good luck! I'm hoping to be about 9 days behind you! Crossing my fingers that I get my approval soon! mail

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Nancy T.
on 7/11/13 6:56 am
DS on 07/16/13

Thank you so much for your words of experience.  I wish each of you best wishes in your days and months ahead as we all become shadows of our former selves.  I'm sure I'll be posting again with more questions in the weeks ahead.  How do you get the status bar to show your start, goal and current weight?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 131 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 671 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views