Looking for good SF syrups

jashley
on 8/19/13 2:39 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I just tried Hershy's chocolate SF syrup.  Terrible.  Has a bad chemical taste, and I can't eat it as a topping on anything.  Yuk!

Smuckers SF caramel syrup is just delish.  I would eat dirt if it had this syrup on it.  I've put this on homemade custard, and it made the 100th serving heavenly - which says a lot.

Got any good syrups for topping food you want to share?

J G.
on 8/19/13 4:43 pm

I tried the Toranni sugar-free carmel and didn't think it was that great.  Then I got one at Target that was much better, but I suspect that they don't make it anymore.  At least my store isn't selling it.  But I have heard Starbucks is good.  I'll try that next.  I mix it into Fage's regular greek yogurt.

~~Sami~~ *.
on 8/20/13 3:50 am, edited 8/20/13 3:50 am - Jacksonville, FL

Torani is OK...but IMHO all the sugar-free syrups take a bit getting used to.  You can buy flavor packs on Amazon, and I think they also sell them at Ross or TJ Maxx as well as World Market.  

Eggface uses a lot of SF syrups in her recipes. You might want to check her blog and see which ones she recommends. (Been awhile, can't remember what she uses.)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

rturnage
on 8/20/13 9:12 am - Maumee, OH

I did some research on this awhile back and a lot of people recommend DaVinci syrups.  I got an ice shaver machine so I could have a guilt free sweet treat, and so far I've tried my toasted marshmallow syrup.  It has a bit of an aftertaste, but it is good.  It's sweetened with Splenda.  I ordered it online at their website.

PSaadallah
on 8/20/13 11:04 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I agree about the Hershey's syrup - really funky flavor and texture.  devil

SharonG
on 8/21/13 12:48 am - Arlington, VA

DaVinci - in my opinion, these are the best.  Vitalady ships them, but I believe she stops when the weather gets cold.  

jashley
on 8/21/13 8:54 am
DS on 12/19/12

I have a bunch of DeVinci flavorings, but that is what they are to me.  Just flavorings to put in shakes, drinks, and cook with.  I would not top my custard with any of them.  I'm talking about real, thic**** cream syrups you put on top of a dessert. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 246 views