having surgery at Huntington with dr k. have questions

MSSEXXC74
on 10/21/13 12:08 pm
Will I have a private room at Huntington? Will my significant other be able to stay at the hospital most of the day with me? After what the hospital did to my mother I'm afraid to be alone. I need someone there to have my back and be my voice.
Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 10/21/13 1:14 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I had my surgery at Huntington. I had a private room. There was only one bed, but they had an armchair in the room. I think it was a recliner. My mom stayed with me the whole time and slept in the chair. It was really uncomfortable for her (but she's 70 years old). She survived, though!

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

MSSEXXC74
on 10/21/13 1:20 pm
Ok Thanks that is great. My SO is only 44 so he can be uncomfortable. ....it wont kill him. If it does he will be in the, right place. THE HOSPITAL. LOL
Layleigh
on 10/22/13 12:30 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Hi darling, congrats again on your upcoming surgery! I'm been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers! My hospital stay was pretty much like Amy's, I had a private room, nice size. My mom stayed the whole time..they were so good to us, she stayed in the recliner (she likes it at home too). They brought her fresh towels for showers, coffee and soup from our floor when we didn't wana wait for room service..lol!

you will continue to be in my prayers! Oh, since ur a revision, you'll probably have the nasal tube that goes down ur throat..MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU THE NUMBING SPRAY!!!! I was in PAIN and had them call Dr. K, cuz I wanted it OUT! He asked them if they gave me the spray and duh..they didn't! Get the spray BEFORE ur in pain!!!

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

MSSEXXC74
on 10/22/13 12:37 am
Thank you for your prayers I surely need them because I'm angry with the world. I know my mama told me it was Gods will but it doesn't hurry Any less.
So I'm going to have a nasal tube? For how long? That's not the feeding tube that we will Have for 6 weeks is it? How long did you stay in the hospital? How long did you stay near the dr in CA?
Layleigh
on 10/22/13 4:06 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

You're very welcome! The nasal tube is not the feeding tube, I didn't even know I was being supplemented by the feeding tube while I was in there, that's how much of a problem the feeding tube was NOT! I went in on Tuesday, and came home on Friday. I think the nasal tube came out on Wednesday or Thursday..it's still a lil foggy! The tube only hurt when I swallowed..so if they leave it in, and ur throat is hurting..try to sleep..k! I live in Cali. I'm not sure how long you'll have to stay, but I do know that early on when I knew I was going to have the surgery, I was so scared..I was preparing to die because of all the horror stories I'd heard. By the time  I was about a month from surgery, I decided I was gona be positive and excited! I realized I was being given a gift, and another chance at life, so on the day of surgery, I wasn't nervous at all, I layed there while they poked and prepped me, laughing and talking with everyone! Right before they put me to sleep, I thanked everyone in the room for all they'd done, and all they were about to do..we all laughed, I layed down, and woke up in recovery! I have no complaints..a few bumps here and there..it's normal to feel like what the heck did I get myself into..lol! That feeling will pass! Feel free to ask me anything!

as for being angry about your mom passing, I can relate to that! When my dad passed away, I was very angry, sad, mad, pissed, hurt, repeat over and over, everything you are feeling is normal! My dad died 13 yrs ago, it never gets better, but it does get different, and that a good thing! It's important to embrace life even more and live it to the fullest! I have two sons, and if I pass away, I want them to still have amazing lives, and make me proud, using the tools I gave them to navigate through life. I know they will miss me and go through the stages of grief, but I hope that mostly they will remember how much I loved them and wanted joy and happiness for them! I'd imagine your mom felt the same way, and that she's happy for you to have this chance at a healthier, and "hotter" body, that will add to a positive and brighter future for you! I want you to be positive and excited, and remember, you don't have to be in that hospital to die..it could happen right now, so trust in God that His Will be done, and thank Him in advance! I'm so grateful, and I believe you will be too!

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/22/13 12:41 pm

Dr K will also be doing my surgery. What's your surgery date? I hoping for right after Thanksgiving...should be confirmed in the next week or so. Maybe our stays will overlap.

Tricia

MSSEXXC74
on 10/22/13 12:47 pm
October 30 is my surgery date. I see him on the 28th and 29th. What state do you reside in.
A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/23/13 4:31 am

I'm in northern California. 

I wish my surgery was next week. 

Wishing you the very best for a smooth and pain free recovery.

Tricia

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 641 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views