Venting

clutterbunny
on 12/2/13 1:38 am - CA

OK, so it looks like I have another freakin' hernia!  I haven't lifted anything heavier than my chihuahua since my LAST hernia surgery in April and somehow managed to give myself another one.  This is soooooo not what I signed up for.   Gonna have to make an appointment to have an MRI to verify it's not just scar tissue under my mesh from the first one but this one HURTS.  Everytime I use my stomach muscles, I feel pain.  I'm taking Ibuprofen but it just takes the edge off.  I can't really tell if it's "internal" or just "muscular".  Either way, I've hurt myself AGAIN.  More doctor bills.  I haven't even finished paying for the LAST surgery yet.  Jeez.  

My friends who had the dreaded lapband haven't had these issues AND lost more weight than I have.   This surgery wasn't supposed to be like this.   I'm so frustrated I could cry. 

Thanks for "listening".  That is all.  

MsBatt
on 12/2/13 4:06 am

When did you have your DS? If you'll put that on your profile, it'll show up when you post.

Sorry about the hernias, but I highly doubt your DS is the root cause. Many people develop hernias when they lose abdominal fat. Frankly, obese people tend to have weak abdominal muscles, and our fat has been sort of propping them up. When the fat goes, the weak muscles give way.

clutterbunny
on 12/4/13 12:56 am - CA

My surgery was July 23, 2012.

I didn't know that about the muscles/hernia.  Thanks for the info!

miranda12503
on 12/3/13 10:53 am

Sorry to hear you are having these issues... Hope you find answers and things get better... Hugs

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

Huneypie
on 12/4/13 2:21 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Hey, we're almost surgery buddies!!  Anyway I'm sorry to hear about your issues, but maybe there's a silver lining for you.  Have you had a tummy tuck yet?  Many people get to combine the 2, so maybe that's something you can look into.

BTW you've done really well with how much weight you've lost.  I know you're bummed about the issues you're going through but I bet your diet's a lot more fun than your friends' plus bandsters pretty much always end up with issues sooner or later as their bands will have to be replaced/removed at some point, so you're just ironing out your kinks now... as I say look for the silver lining and you'll do great.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views