Biotech Calcium

DivaJojo
on 1/21/14 2:07 am - Atlanta, GA

Currently trying UpCal D and Wellesse - looking for something that doesn't irritate on the way out.  So far so good, tiny bit of burning - but very minor compared to what I experienced with citrical and the like.  Just curious if anyone uses the Biotech calcium citrate.  So many of us take their dry D.  I was just wondering.  If you have used it or know of it - good or bad - please let me hear from you.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

MajorMom
on 1/21/14 3:09 am - VA

Many of us take VItalady's calcium citrate only capsules and BioTech is her supplier for many of her personal labeled vitamins. Maybe her calcium citrate is made by Bio-Tech. A phone call to Vitalady may be in order.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

DivaJojo
on 1/21/14 5:59 am - Atlanta, GA

Hmmm, I'll do that.  Thanks.  Are the capsules smaller or larger than the regular Citrical . . . what about Citrical petites?

MajorMom
on 1/21/14 6:06 am - VA

They are about the same size as a Citracal tablet but much easier to swallow, I think, and they don't cause constipation like Citracal does.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

fullhousemom
on 1/21/14 7:56 am
I used citrical petites for a while until they started bothering my stomach. I now use Bone Booster Complex from Vitacost. They are capsules and aren't constipating for me at all. I have had to switch to all capsules as they are easier on my stomach.
DivaJojo
on 1/22/14 12:48 am - Atlanta, GA

I've looked at those as well.  About how large are the capsules?  Like tic tac size, double that . . . ??  I'm okay with taking multiple, smaller sized capsules for a dose . . . I just need to find something that doesn't irritate my behind and UpCal is going to get to be expensive when I consider how much I'll take on a daily basis.  I'm using this first order to guage, but so far, it hasn't been a week and I'm already about 1/4 way through the cannister.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views