feeling blahhhh

starlightlu
on 4/3/14 8:43 pm - Canada

I'm 11 months post op and have not reached personal goal. I would have to lose at least another 20 lbs and this seems impossible because i'm losing at a snail's pace at this point despite being VERY strict with my diet. I'm off my high of losing sooo much weight and have become obssessed with my weight. I think about it every aching moment of the day. I feel like giving up and punishing myself by eating crap. Surgery doesn't fix our head issues with food and self image. I know I look great but still feel like a loser. Just venting.

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Valerie G.
on 4/3/14 9:49 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Bravo for your diligence in being very strict with your diet.  Have you tried throwiing a wrench into it once in a while though?  I know that it worked for me with stalls.  I would have a day of reckless abandon and it seemed to shock my system and wake it back up again.  Seriuosly, I would start losing.  Give it a shot this weekend.  There may be some gas and poo involved, but you may be pleasantly surprised next week.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sumundo311
on 4/3/14 11:38 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

Sorry to hear your struggling, it is true that even with the surgery we obsess about the numbers on the scale, but I would do what Val recommended eat something different and see if it changes things up for you. She would eat a donut, I can eat Kentucky Fried Chicken, so it just depends on your system. But keep in  mind you have to get back on track. You are doing amazing, I hope this works and you start feeling better soon.

Susan 

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

blondegal
on 4/5/14 12:49 am - CT

Well, there's a part of me that empathizes.  And there's a part of me that wishes that I was only 11 months out.  I'm 3 years out and only half to what I thought was a very achievable goal.  

I have heard a lot about "shocking the system" and say what the heck, try it.

I also believe that exercise can help. I hear you about obsessing about it.  And that may always be a part of who you are.  I wish I was more obsessive in the beginning -- and so I say document what you're trying.  Keep track (if you're not using a daily tracker, do it) -- electronically is good b/c then you can share it with Vets here.  And that may help you figure out what the hell the stall is all about.  However, I advocate to take this seriously.  Everyone told me not to worry and the weight would just come off.  For me, that has not been the case.  I'm bitter and unhappy (not that you can tell) ;)  I'm still trying. But don't be me three years out, wondering if a revision is in order.  Take this seriously and work for those last lbs. of weight loss.  I know others have lost well into their 2nd year.  That wasn't my experience.

Best of luck to you!

beargriff
on 4/6/14 10:01 am

exercise helps

starlightlu
on 4/6/14 11:43 pm - Canada

Thank-you for all your replies. After careful assessment, I believe I need to incorporate exercise in my routine. It's been a long cold winter here in Montreal (much like everywhere else on this planet) and I refused to exercise. My lifestyle is as such that I have 2 small boys, shift work and this makes exercise very difficult in my day to day schedule. Any free time I get I prefer to catch up on some sleep. Another reason I refused to exercise is that I was certain that if i exercised and lost weight, I was at risk of regain if for whatever reason i stopped exercising. This said, I realize that there's no escaping working out. I will resolve to either content myself with my current weight or incorporate exercise in my daily lifestyle. Thx for your support!

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 169 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 701 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views