Diarrhea

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/14 1:36 am

If you know you are going to get the runs from to many carbs or sugar and Pepsi.Why would you do it? Also I am sure they are not in your plan from your doctor.

Irishnurse
on 8/12/14 3:08 pm, edited 8/12/14 3:09 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I understand your question and I know it was not for me but I want to answer in part. The truth is not everyone with the DS gets runs from these things. We learn over time and trial and error what our bodies will and will not handle. I can handle wheat carbs but not white flour carbs. I can handle splenda but not sugar. I cannot handle milk lactose but I can eat sugar free frozen yogurt which  has lactose in it. Sometimes we crave things and it is hard to be perfect forever. Everyone is going to stray at some point. However if it does give me the runs I certainly stop eating it and will put it on my poopy list so that I do not eat it again. The runs are not fun. The plan is always protein first. Low carb and low sugar. I was told I could eat sugar if it stays under 9 grams per serving. I was told to start out at 50grams of carbs per day and gradually over time I could increase it after my weight loss is over. We have a little room to play with the DS as long as we follow the first rule...protein first. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

K P.
on 8/12/14 10:52 am
DS on 07/08/14

Thanks! I am going to try bananas again this weekend. Before surgery they gave me heartburn if I ate them. But its a whole new game now, amd I need all the help firming up! 

I know that when I eat better, no simple carbs & low fat, my poo is still soft but not diarrhea. Well, except right now but that because of c-diff. So anyway, thanks for the tip :)

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Valerie G.
on 8/12/14 10:35 pm, edited 8/12/14 10:35 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

It is a series of trial and error for sure. I have "soft stools" but not diarrhea anymore.  My biggest culprit is onions.  I ate them for years post op, oblivious.  I had my afternoon gas and horrendous poops in the morning, and when I had lots of them for dinner, I'd be back and forth to the bathroom all night.  When I eliminated them, the gas is minimal now and the smell is definitely lessened in the mornings, and I sleep through the night like a baby.  

It takes time to find your triggers, but once you do and eliminate them, life gets pretty easy.  Another thing to help firm you up is extra calcium.  It does a body good, especially ours.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 138 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 680 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views