Speedy DS Gas Relief Advice Needed

rargirl
on 11/7/14 2:33 pm

I overindulged in pizza. Bread is the number one thing that causes me to get killer gas. 

Right now my tummy is bloated and filled with gas - probably in all of my intestines. 

What works for other DSers when they do this to themselves? 

I would like to get the gas out of me so I am more comfortable. Does Gas Ex do anything for post DSers?

ps I am almost three years out lost 100% of excess body weight and am maintaining nicely. 

White Dove
on 11/7/14 9:52 pm - Warren, OH

Gas rises and as it moves towards your head, it gets very uncomfortable.  Just bend over until your head is at your knees or lower than your knees.  It has to at least be lower than your butt.  All of the gas will escape with no sound or smell.  In public I just make believe that I have to tie my shoe or adjust my socks.

At home, you can lie in bed and hang your head over the edge until it is lower than your body.  This is quick and simple and very few people know it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

PeteA
on 11/8/14 6:13 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I have seen a lot of people say they use Gas-x and similar products. Sometimes you ma have to try a couple of 
things to see what works best for you but Gas-x is a good place to start.

fullhousemom
on 11/8/14 8:17 am
I find that I get extremely bloated and gassy from sitting for a long time. If I am at my desk job and/or traveling in my car for hours, I can get very miserable. I often undo my pants. As soon as I get home, I lie down flat. Within a half hour, things get moving and I start to get relief. But it only happens if I lie flat.
NoreenRT
on 11/8/14 8:56 am - Warner Robins, GA

Gas-X and similar products never worked for me. Walking,bending, or even being on all 4s and gently rocking back and forth will help the gas to come out. 

Gonna have to try the head over the bed trick that was posted above.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Up2Me3
on 11/11/14 4:45 am

Haha....I'm laughing at the bend over tip. Think I may try that at home JUST TO MAKE SURE that the 'no sound or smell' holds true. My luck............ah....

K P.
on 11/11/14 5:09 am
DS on 07/08/14

Gas-x sometimes works for me but I have to take at least two (250mg simethicone), I bought some Phazyme Maximum strength because it is a 250mg dose right away. Otherwise - I go lay down on my stomach and try and take a nap. 

PS - Bread/Simple carbs give me the worst upset stomach/gas, which is good for my diet but I love carbs so its a constant struggle

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 262 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views