speaking of carbs....

scaryreader
on 11/17/14 7:15 am - Chicago, IL

Will someone please give me a menu for a no carb or very low carb day? I just can't get the hang of it.I'm going to really try it for a week.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

MajorMom
on 11/17/14 7:29 am - VA

Good luck!  I would have to cut out all dairy and nuts on my daily Bites to stay under 25 grams of carbs. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kristic K.
on 11/17/14 9:16 am - AZ
DS on 04/17/12

Hi. I have the same weekly routine. I do my shopping and cooking on Sunday.  Once I cook everything I divide them into individual servings in Tupperware. When done, my fridge is full and I have no excuses to eat anything else.

Breakfast: 4-5 oz ribeye steak cooked med-rare on grill (sometimes I switch this up and get Johnsville original breakfast sausages and eat 4 links for breakfast.  But they have more carbs than the steak)

Lunch: Beef pot roast with a little bit of onions and baby carrots, red wine vinager, salt & pepper. Braised in an electric skillet for about 4 hours.

Dinner: Parm Chicken. Made with chicken breast and equal amounts of parmesan cheese and real mayo. Baked in oven at 400 for 30 min.  So tender even after warming up in the microwave.

For dinner, I will prepare sometimes during the week like bunless bacon cheeseburgers or chicken kabobs with onions, mushrooms & green pepper with the chicken marinated in Italian dressing overnight or tacos made with Mission low carb tortillas, seasoned ground beef, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. The tortillas fry up pretty nice and crispy if you like your shells crunchy.

I snack on pumpkin seeds pretty much everyday. And I drink about 3 - 4 coffees a day with regular hazelnut creamer (I'm trying to switch over to sugar free but I can't find one I like). The majority of my carbs are from my coffees :( but I think I'm still under 30 carbs a day.

Let me know if you want any of the actual recipes. I will try to find the originals. 

Hope this helps. Good luck!

teachmid
on 11/18/14 8:18 am - OKC, OK
Hijack:

Would live the chicken recipe
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Kristic K.
on 11/19/14 7:28 am - AZ
DS on 04/17/12

Sorry, just saw your request. This chicken is amazing and so simple. My husband even loves it!  I usually rate all the recipes I try and this definitely deserves a 5 out of 5.

Easy Low Carb Chicken Parm ✰✰✰✰✰

4 chicken breasts

1 cup mayo

1 cup grated parm

Mix together the mayo and cheese. Dredge chicken breast in the mixture and put in baking dish. (If there is extra sauce just pour it over the chicken) Bake.

Makes a nice "parmesan" sauce!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Bake for 20 - 30 minutes

teachmid
on 11/19/14 9:14 am - OKC, OK
Thanks!
Will fix it this weekend
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

K P.
on 11/18/14 8:53 pm
DS on 07/08/14

Coffee is where most my carbs come from as well. It is so hard to find a good sugar free creamer. I did find a sugar free "chocolate almond biscotti" flavor from International Delite thats yummy and just found sugar free peppermint mocha, which ia my favorite flavor, from coffeemate that I love.

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Kristic K.
on 11/19/14 7:18 am - AZ
DS on 04/17/12

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for them. I'm hoping to stop drinking coffee all together, which is going to be pretty hard since I've cut out all carbonated drinks for about a year now. But I know I'm not getting in enough water because I always go for the coffee. 

Lyss Remaly
on 11/18/14 1:02 am - Wheeling, IL

Good Morning!  There are SO many yummy low carb options for the day! 

Breakfast- Eggs, egg whites add cheese and veggies for an omelete, plain greek yogurt with a little stevia and walnuts, BACON!!!!! hard boiled eggs, scoop out the insides of the hardboied eggs and mush in with bacon for breakfast deviled eggs  

Lunch- wraps made with deli chicken/turkey and cheese wrapped in a lettuce leaf, grilled chicken, fish, tons of veggies such as broccoli, green beans, cauliflower mushed into a mashed potato consistency

Dinners- steaks, fish, chicken, big salads with tons of veggies, avocado, a nice meat sauce over spaghetti squash, or zucchini zoodles with chicken and veggies for a stir fry, shiritaki noodles with veggies in a soup, cut of beef in the slow cooker with tons of veggies for a hearty beef stew (avoid beans in there to keep it extra low carb)

Snacks- Jerkey of all kinds (low sodium and low sugar are best) cashews, almonds, pickles, celery, cucumber slices with lemon juice,

Sweet tooth smashers- while they aren't as low in carbs, dark berries always smash my sweet tooth, a tbsp of 100% natural peanut butter, 90% dark chocolate, I put cinnamon and vanilla into my eggs with coconut oil to make a sweet egg/custard and it is amazing with melted peanut butter for a sweet tooth, pancakes made out of protein powder and almond flour

I hope this helps!! I stay low carb but also follow a paleo type lifestyle so if you would like some recipe ideas or an outline of my daily diet I'm more than happy to send that your way! 

GOOD LUCK! 

PeteA
on 11/18/14 3:34 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi there. I make my meal plans as simple as possible. At 19 months I have more capacity and more
carbs in my diet.  Here is a generic version of what I did the first 6 months.

B-Protein shake or eggs
S- yogurt - probably the main carb contributor early out
L- Some kind of meat (a can of tuna or some equivalent), often with mayo or lunch meat cream cheese rollups
S-beef sticks and/or cheese
D-Meat(usually chicken but egg salad or tuna salad once in a while, occasionally a few vegetables
S- Cheese of some kind

I stayed away from roast beef early on but everything else was fair game - meatloaf, burgers, chicken, fish.

Boring but it worked.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 769 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views