7 year Surgiversary

jinjer
on 12/13/14 10:29 am - Eastwood, KY

WoW!! 7 years yesterday! Even I can hardly believe it's been so long.  I've lost 119lbs and kept it off. I've recently had a little bounce up of only about 5 pounds, but I can live with that.  I am forever grateful that I found out about the DS and pursued it. I am grateful for wonderful surgeon in Dr. Dennis Smith, Marrietta GA. He has been the same through the years and has always followed me closely. I always get my labs done every year. I have to make very little adjustments. I have osteoporosis, just barely, be we all believe that is related to post-menopause and not the DS. I use Prolia twice yearly and have been stable. I have not had to change my vitamins for quite sometime, I seem stable on my current D level of supplementation. I have had 2 iron infusion in all those years, and seem quite healthy now. I have had plastic surgery, several, and am now comfortable in my skin!! I look forward to many more years of happiness and health. 

Prayers and good wishes for all those just starting this journey! I remember all the days I read with intrigue the posts of the long timers. Keep on pursuing the DS, it has been so worth it for me............

MajorMom
on 12/13/14 6:50 pm - VA

Happy surgiversary, Jinjer!  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

jinjer
on 12/13/14 10:16 pm - Eastwood, KY

Thank you Gina!!  You've always been one of my role models.  Thanks for continuing to post here. It's means a lot to others.  Have a Merry Christmas!!

Jinjer

Star0210
on 12/14/14 12:24 am
DS on 11/28/14

Thank you for posting...it's nice for us new ops to hear about life way down the road.

congratulations on your success!

PeteA
on 12/15/14 11:06 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Wow is right. Congratulations - happy and healthy - yay.

Pete

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 271 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views