Protein drinks, no whey or aspertame. Know any?

melissa K.
on 10/3/16 12:30 pm - Ventura, CA
Hi, I really gag at a lot of whey protein drinks. Anyone have any low carb good protein solutions? I really hate aspertame and splenda, too. I'm a fussy fuss, eh? Lol any advice? Thanks!

Melissa

Surgery June 3rd, 2008
My Specs:
  Height 5' 5.75" | Highest weight 265+?lbs | Surgery weight 241.9 | Now 154 lbs | CC length 150cm, stomach 3oz 
Added: Neck/Chin/Lower face lift Nov 23,2010- Skin only
Valerie G.
on 10/4/16 8:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You had your DS back in 2008.  You should be able to eat plenty of protein with real food and not need shakes.

If you must, Jay Robb's egg protein drinks don't suck.  I'm not sure of their sweetener, but I understand the whey yuck factor.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

melissa K.
on 10/4/16 1:34 pm - Ventura, CA
thanks! Yes I guess I should be able to. 3 Oz stomach doesn't stretch that far, though, unfortunately. Also I'm trying to build some muscle because I'm doing a very active school program. So, hence why I would ask. I barely get by as it is. It turns out I'd rather not eat, than have horrible cramps and gas. So I usually stick to light meats like fish, and some cheese. It's just not enough though. I also have to take protease to digest eggs properly. I am leaning towards some soy protein but don't know many brands.

Surgery June 3rd, 2008
My Specs:
  Height 5' 5.75" | Highest weight 265+?lbs | Surgery weight 241.9 | Now 154 lbs | CC length 150cm, stomach 3oz 
Added: Neck/Chin/Lower face lift Nov 23,2010- Skin only
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/16 8:36 pm

I use HumaPro protein pills from the vitamin shoppe (5 pills = 25 grams) or I take a product called remuscle by myos which the doctor recommended (only available online). The vanilla smoothie actually tastes good which I can not say about any other protein supplements I've tried. Most protein drinks make me gag, and almost all require a ridiculous amount of powder in a relatively small drink.

Mai23
on 10/17/16 3:55 pm

I thought the huma pro was 5 grams of protein per serving, which is 5 tablets? I looked at it but I'm too lazy to take that many pills. If I'm mistaken please correct me and they will be on my shopping list. 

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/17/16 7:04 pm
Jay Robb protein shakes or the Garden of life Shakes might work. They both use stevia (Jay Robb uses whey though).

Scott
* Nicole *
on 10/18/16 6:18 am

Find a way to eat. Ive never touched shakes, I couldnt.

Allergic to eggs ,whey, soy, any artifical sweeteners, even stevia and stuff cause me to react. 

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views