Dr. Alejandro Lopez?

globaljuju
on 5/31/17 6:35 pm
VSG on 12/20/13

Hi there. I am scheduled for a sleeve to DS (SADI-S) revision in about 12 days. I'm wondering if anyone has had DS or sadi-s with Dr. Lopez. I have found rave reviews for him from sleevers, but nothing from DSers. I almost feel like I should switch to Mexicali, but it is so much more expensive, and I already have my flights and have paid my $500 deposit. I would feel so much better if I could hear from a couple of people that have had the DS with Dr. Lopez. Thanks, Everyone!

ALighterMe 1.
on 6/1/17 9:11 am

I am scheduled with Dr. Lopez for a DS next week. I will let you know how it goes. I have spoken to others who have went through him also and had a nothing but good things to say about him, his staff and most importantly the surgery. All DS.

globaljuju
on 6/12/17 3:12 am
VSG on 12/20/13

Hi there! Thank you so much for the response. I am so happy to hear that. Have you had your surgery? How are you doing? Wishing you all the best!

ALighterMe 1.
on 6/12/17 10:23 am

Hi. I had my surgery on Friday. Everything went good. The hospital is really clean and very nice. I was pleasantly surprised. Surgery went good although I ended up getting a gastric bypass I was up and walking later that day and haven't stopped. I am really surprised that I am doing so well after hearing all the post op stories ofnbeing tired and barely able to walk around. I am going home today. The only uncomfortable part is the drain that is put in after surgery and not taken out until the day you leave. I am actually going home a day earlier. When is your surgery

globaljuju
on 6/12/17 11:18 am
VSG on 12/20/13

Hi there! I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well and everything went smoothly, and hat you liked the hospital. Wow. Going home early! Good for you!

My surgery is July 11th. It was originally June 12th, but I chickened out and cancelled, and the rescheduled, because I can't stand all the weight regain after my sleeve gastrectomy.

Can an I ask why you got the bypass? Was that your choice? Are you happy with that decision? I have heard the success rate isn't as good with those, so I'm hoping this isn't some sort of bait and switch :P

Thank you so much for writing me back. It means the world to me! I'm hoping to hear back from you before I book my flights!

Thanks again!

jamie

Crazeru
on 6/12/17 3:42 pm

Hopefully, you can make sure that he really does the DS. I would have been angry to go in for one surgery and come out with a bypass.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

globaljuju
on 6/12/17 9:46 pm
VSG on 12/20/13

Sounds like it was the right and safest choice. !ut, yeah, I'm sure there's some disappointment when these things happen.

ALighterMe 1.
on 6/12/17 8:36 pm

Hi. So while I orignally went for the DS once the doctornwent in he found my stomach twisted towards the bottom because of my hiatal hernia he was also going to fix. He stated that if he were toto do the DS my stomach was still pulling into my esphogus ( spell check) so he made the decision to do the RNY instead because the part that was twisted was the part he would cut off with the RYN. Not not I wanted but I trust his judgment. He assured me afterwards that it was best for me because if he were to do the DS anyways I could have had problems down the road. I am also a lightweight and just made the decision that I will make this work. I have heard the same thing about the RYN but I have also heard that it's good too for some people too.

globaljuju
on 6/12/17 9:44 pm
VSG on 12/20/13

Oh, I do hope you do well! I'm sure you will! And I'm sure he did the right thing. That is what Dr. Illan wanted to do for me, and he said I would have had great success if I had had it done, but I opted to go with Dr. Lopez for the DS. I'll let you know how that works out.

Thank you you so very much for Sharing. You don't know how much you've helped to out my mind at ease! I will keep you updated.

Safe travels home! Take it easy and keep in touch! I would love to learn more about your journey.

Mdoddiejean
on 9/11/17 7:08 pm - Centerville , Ut

Have you had your DS with Dr Lopez? You asked every question that I had and now want to hear from your experience if you would please share.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 248 views