Lunches at work?

Liz J.
on 10/15/18 2:55 pm
DS on 11/29/16

I tried posting some meal threads for what people are eating and didn't get much.

I'm looking to see what other people take to work to eat. Anything you really like?

My go to are chicken/tuna salad with mayo and relish. Sometimes I'll get a healthy choice that low carb, other than that I don't have much else and I'm looking for more ideas.

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

PattyL
on 10/15/18 3:36 pm

Go buy some low carb wraps. You can make rolled up sandwiches with them. Just had one for lunch. Sliced turkey, mayo, romaine leaf. Roll and go! They are usually with the tortillas in the grocery store. Then there is always cubes of salami and cheese!

Liz J.
on 10/16/18 6:41 am
DS on 11/29/16

I never thought to use them for a wrap at work! I buy them for Mexican night a home! I will have to try a few different wraps and see how it goes!

Thank you!

hollykim
on 10/15/18 4:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 15, 2018 at 9:55 PM Pacific Time, Liz J. wrote:

I tried posting some meal threads for what people are eating and didn't get much.

I'm looking to see what other people take to work to eat. Anything you really like?

My go to are chicken/tuna salad with mayo and relish. Sometimes I'll get a healthy choice that low carb, other than that I don't have much else and I'm looking for more ideas.

Liz

leftovers from the night before.

Liz J.
on 10/16/18 10:04 am
DS on 11/29/16

My husband and I have a deal on leftovers, he gets them... Because I alter part of the meal so I can eat it and make extra stuff for him. He does the same for me when he makes dinner. I have time to prep a little at work and my office is flexible, while his lunch time is not.

Liz

PeteA
on 10/16/18 6:15 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

If you do the salads I'm guessing there must be a refrigerator. So, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, Any protein from the night before. Most of the fast food places just without the bun. Something like Jimmy Johns unwhich that I always find intriguing but I don't have one near me. For snacking at work Cheese slices, Beef and turkey sticks. I suppose something like a premiere protein shake but it was a long time before I was able to drink those because I found them too thick, maybe a boost extra protein.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Liz J.
on 10/16/18 10:09 am
DS on 11/29/16

We (my husband and I) don't do any fast food unless it's planned for a dinner out, then it's only places that have healthy options. I do eat greek yogurt, string cheese, and turkey sticks for snacks. I also do a premiere protein shake, I just add 8 oz of cold brew to thin it down for breakfast daily. Could add one for lunch or dinner if I'm strapped for time or need something fast... Hadn't thought of that. TY! Think I got a few good ideas to more forward!

Liz

PeteA
on 10/17/18 5:30 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I did a lot of Boston Market the first year when I didn't cook myself. Wendy's chili too. :)

Janet P.
on 10/16/18 10:31 am

Liz - I saw your daily food post but when I first tried to respond, I was afraid I would scare people with the amount of food I eat so I decided to not play along :)

I generally either order out or go out. I don't eat low carb so I'm probably not much help.

I do bring lots of snacks because I graze all day. I always bring two hard boiled eggs for a mid-morning protein snack. If no HB eggs at home my backup is cottage cheese - my new favorite brand is Good Culture, which is a whole milk organic cottage cheese that has 19 grams of protein in an 5 ounce cup. I also always have nuts and jerky to snack on. I also always have a high protein yogurt for a mid-afternoon protein snack if I need something to hold me over to dinner.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Liz J.
on 10/16/18 12:47 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Not really worried about the amount I eat, just for other ideas for what to eat.I'm going to look for that cottage cheese next time I'm shopping.

Thanks,

Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views