Probiotic help, please

meq815
on 11/26/18 1:13 pm - PA

I am 5 and a half years post-DS, maintaining a 100 pound weight loss. Up until now, I've never taken probiotics, never thought it necessary.

For about the past 2 months, I am up every night, like clockwork, at 2:30AM. On the toilet for hours. Sorry if this is TMI, but I need some relief. I need sleep!

Is this where probiotics come in? I have tried changing what I eat and when. I'm very comfortable going to sleep at around 9:30-10:00, only to wake a few hours later with severe urgency.

1. Any feedback? Suggestions??

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/18 1:36 pm
meq815
on 11/26/18 1:42 pm - PA

Really?

Definitely worth a try!

I haven't been eating eggs as I've been suffering from an aversion. But will def give it a whirl!

Liz J.
on 11/26/18 2:17 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Have you adjust any of your vitamins lately? I had to move my magnesium to morning from evening because of the similar problem. So, if you moved any medication or vitamins it could be what's causing your problems.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Eliza970
on 11/26/18 2:35 pm

I can have that pattern if I have a few glasses of wine or other alcohol before going to bed. Sugar in the evening or as dessert will also set up the 2 am problem. I haven't found probiotics help, but you might step up your consumption of yogurt or kefir (sugar free). It is an alternative to dessert. A very high fat meal, like fried chicken, will also wake me up in the middle of the night. It's a bit of trial and error.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views