Nissen fundoplication after DS?

Betty T.
on 12/1/18 5:24 pm - Sudbury, Canada

I am 10 years out from my DS and struggle reflux, aspiration, chest pain, headaches etc from the Gerd. No luck with medications, I've tried so so many, also have a hernia. Has anyone had the Nissen fundoplication done after DS? Is there enough to wrap around? Does it cause additional weight loss? Thank you in advance

Joined Curves - Oct 1, 2010 to work on last 20 to 30 lbs to lose.  

hollykim
on 12/2/18 2:15 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 2, 2018 at 1:24 AM Pacific Time, Betty T. wrote:

I am 10 years out from my DS and struggle reflux, aspiration, chest pain, headaches etc from the Gerd. No luck with medications, I've tried so so many, also have a hernia. Has anyone had the Nissen fundoplication done after DS? Is there enough to wrap around? Does it cause additional weight loss? Thank you in advance

no, the Nissan is not able to be done after having a sleeved stomach. There is not enough to wrap around.

califsleevin
on 12/2/18 9:45 pm - CA

When I talked to Dr. K about this, he said that yes, it can be done. He can usually get about 3/4 of a wrap on a typical sleeve (though in my case that wouldn't be appropriate, and he would fix it by other means if needed.)

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Valerie G.
on 12/7/18 6:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If not that, if your hernia is hiatal, repairing that might fix the problem, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 154 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 694 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views