Dissertation Research and Chance to Win Visa Gift Cards

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/18 5:13 pm

ATTENTION: ARE YOU...

• Planning to have bariatric surgery?

• Between the ages of 18 and 64?

• In a committed relationship?

If so, you are eligible to participate in an online study about bariatric surgery and relationships. Those who complete the study may enter a raffle to win one of ten $10 Visa gift cards. If you are interested in learning more, you may either:

• Go to the online survey URL

You will find the survey here: https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=182431

2) You can contact the researcher, Heather Chamberland, at [email protected]

My name is Heather Chamberland and I am a doctoral student at Adler University. I am in the last stages of my degree and am asking for your cooperation in completing a short survey for my dissertation.

The main purpose of the research is to increase understanding of how couples may be impacted by bariatric surgery. The research also seeks to examine relationship factors, such as support, that may affect the outcomes of bariatric surgery. The goal of the research is to increase providers' understanding of ways to better support those undergoing bariatric surgery.

Participation in this study is completely voluntary. Your decision to participate or not will NOT affect your bariatric surgery candidacy, and if you choose to participate in the study, you may withdraw at any time.

This study is being conducted to fulfill the requirement for my dissertation and is supervised by Dr. Marla Vannucci Ph.D. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at [email protected] or my dissertation chair [email protected]. This study has been approved by the Adler University IRB ([email protected]).

Valerie G.
on 1/3/19 3:42 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Unless you plan on following these subjects over the next two years, your study may benefit from those who have already been through it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/19 1:38 pm

Valerie,

Thank you for the feedback. That is the plan for the future to have a longitudinal study, but for the sake of time for graduation, the timeframe needed to be shortened.

Best,

Heather

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/19 1:43 pm

Dear Valerie,

Thank you for the feedback! I plan to continue the research with a longitudinal design in the future, but for the sake of graduation, I needed to reduce the timeframe.

Best,

Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views