From the sleeve board, VSG to DS

B. Jones
on 3/2/19 10:52 am

Asking for a friend?

Actually my sister :) Her starting weight 400 lbs current weight 300 lbs. She's lost about 100 lbs with the sleeve after 1 year, but stopped cold after about 6 months, has just maintained since. It's like it's just stopped, would like to lose another 100. She's a cancer survivor and has an autoimmune disease, thinking is this might be some (not all) of the problem.

Has anyone done a sleeve to DS and what kind of results did you see? She has a appointment next week with a different surgeon who does only DS. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Valerie G.
on 3/2/19 6:13 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've seen oodles over the years getting their DS "finished".

Some docs will only do the DS in two parts or the SMO. Sleeve first for a year or 100lb loss, then finish the DS thereafter. It was by this process that they realized that some people never needed the DS and the sleeve stood on its own.

For the rest of us though, we need to change the way our body metabolizes food, and the DS does that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

B. Jones
on 3/3/19 10:49 am

Thank you Valerie,

Were hoping to get this done soon. Going to see Dr. Gary Anthone in Omaha, Ne. He did our mom's DS 6 1/2 years ago. We have a lot of faith in his abilities, it's just cost obviously (self pay) and what he thinks of her results with the sleeve and her other issues if she is a good candidate. Almost want to do it myself, been hovering around 300 now for a few years. Would love to drop the last 100 lbs or so, but one sibling at a time.

Thanks,

Bubba

Valerie G.
on 3/3/19 7:33 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dr. Anthone has a wonderful reputation. Your sis is in great hands, indeed!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views