Diarrhea

Wopsrfun
on 3/29/19 5:59 pm

is it normal to have diarrhea everyday regardless of what I eat? I go at least 4-5 times a day.

hugs,

Esther

PattyL
on 3/29/19 11:34 pm

If you have diarrhea, treat it! I probably carried imodium with me for the first 5 years or so.

Valerie G.
on 3/31/19 9:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

There are two very different things here: diarrhea and loose stools.

Loose stools are very common with us because of the amount of fat we malabsorb. Going 4-5 times a day is common for someone in their first months, but most of us go only once or twice daily as our DS matures. Consistency can be very liquidy and loose or the consistency of pudding or paste depending on what we've eaten the day before. The unlucky minority still suffer constipation and hard stools and I pity that plight.

Diarrhea, on the other hand, is an urgent need to go NOW! Most of us do not experience that regularly, and if we do, it's a result of something we probably shouldn't eat anymore. Common contributors are some simple carbs like sugar or flour, artificial sweetners, milk, onions, even whey protein. Other common symptoms along with diarrhea and usually precede the event are bloating and very noxious gas.

If your experience is mislabeled loose stools, fear not. If you are truly experiencing urgent, uncontrollable diarrhea, then you need to start taking note of what you are eating and find the connection that is causing it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Laura in Texas
on 3/31/19 1:08 pm

Looking at your posting history, you are over 5 years out so this isn't because you recently had your DS. Are you sure your diet has not changed? Perhaps you need to get checked by your doctor to see if you need flagyl. I know many people take probiotics to help regulate things. Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Liz J.
on 4/1/19 6:51 am
DS on 11/29/16

I have loose stools and go 3-5 times a day, over 2 years out. It's not the OGM! I have to go NOW, but I don't have a lot of warning time. I eat low carb and low sugar and still have the problem... I've tried cutting down on my fat, then my body went the other way and I could hardly go... To be it's the better option.

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 291 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 763 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views