on 8/16/19 4:37 pm, edited 9/16/19 9:19 am - Sacramento, CA

Hi.

I'm a revision success story :)

I had RNY 2/16/2005 and revision to DS on 10/12/2009

Highest weight: 314

pre RNY weight 289

lowest RNY weight: 185

pre DS revision weight: 290

current weight: 140ish (and holding for 8+ years)

CASSANDRA

RNY 289/LW 185/REVISION 290/CW 140

beelzebubbles
on 8/16/19 6:13 pm - Lansdowne, PA

Thank you so much for responding Cassandra.

beelzebubbles
on 9/17/19 5:17 am - Lansdowne, PA

Thanks Cassandra. It's good to hear from someone who has had something similar to SADI or SIPS.

We don't hear from many revision people on the forums.

ANNEMLARA71
on 9/17/19 12:37 pm

Congratulations on your success!

I had my surgery 3/2006 I never got thin enough to even look skinny. I started at 310 and my lowest weight was 176 . I have now gained weight to 240 . I'm desperate everyone thinks I sit and eat all day which is false. It's just hard for me bc everything I do fails. I live in Boston and I'm thinking of revision I saw one doctor who doesn't what to perform it bc he believes i should diet . If it worked I would. Please tell what you did and how was the whole thing bc I'm desperate

thanks

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/19 10:02 pm

I have not had a revision but I did have the SADi about 5 years ago with Dr. Roslin at Lennox Hill in NY. My goal was to lose all the excess weight, keep it all off, and still be able to eat normally with minimum side effects. Per Dr. Roslin, all wls surgeries create an imbalance and you will need to account for them. The more extreme the surgery the more side effects and risks. SADi DS has been around for about 8 years prior to my wls, so about 13 years today. The risk is lower than a DS and the vitamins are much less. The biggest difference is a longer common channel (about 400cm in SADi DS vs 150cm or less in Hess DS). Many people incorrectly think this means you lose less weight or will not keep as much off. That is not true, and the less is more theory has held up for me, and is confirmed by Dr. Roslin.

My experience is that I lost every once of excess weight (I really mean every f'n once). I regained about 25lbs which I badly needed to get to where I am now (really thin). After losing 150lbs over a year, I stabilized after a couple of years around 160lbs as a 6'1 man. I'm a similar lean build from the neck down to a teenager. Not sure if that's good but it's where I'm at, and I'm good with it now. I eat about 3k calories a day, sometimes more and never gain weight outside a 5 to 10 lbs range which always gravitates back to the same spot. Dr. Roslin has told me my body takes what it needs to maintain a lean build and flushes everything else out. I can confirm after 5 years this is true for me.

beelzebubbles
on 8/18/19 3:57 am - Lansdowne, PA

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a pretty good surgery all things considered

My doc wants to do a Sadi. My concern is changing a pouch to a sleeve. It sounds kind of Frankensteinian. I worry about scar tissue issues.

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/19 5:17 am

They're all a little Frankensteinian but it seems like most people on these boards are glad they had wls.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Valerie G.
on 9/29/19 10:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Actually, you will love having a fully functioning stomach again. Having already one failed WLS, do you really want to take a chance on something new without as much data? The DS has been around since 1988, and it wasn't until 2005 that it started getting any respect. It seems every Dr. Tom, Dick and Harry can do SADI all of a sudden that know nothing of DS...it's kinda scary.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 296 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 768 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views