i have osteoporosis

krishna
on 5/20/20 4:04 pm

Hey Pete,

Thanks for your message, so sorry it took me this long to reply, i haven't been on this site for a while as i've been working on my health and finally just started to feel better (more energy) since the beginning of the lockdown.

Here in England, the doctors have suggested that I do an IV treatment for my osteoporosis (Zoledronic acid infusion) because I have acid reflux. The iv treatment has been delayed due to the lockdown, and i'm probably now last in the list cause most people who have osteo are elderly and more vulnerable.

I have a personal trainer (3 times a week) who is helping me build my weak muscles and we do mostly weight bearing exercises. Additionally I was lifting weights once or twice a week, but no more gym for who knows how long.

I have taken your advice and have upped my magnesium to 3 times a week.

I have been taking 100,000iu vitamin A a day for some years now, my latest level is 2.6 (0.99 - 3.35)

B50 complex: i got this advice from vitalady's website. However, i have no idea how to look for this on my blood results. Should I look out for 'B-50'?

Latest vitamin D is 130 (75 - 200)

K2 - thanks. I'll look into this. Not sure what to do here - as I also don't know how to check K1 or K2 on my blood results - i believe this is to do with how think the blood is?

Thank you very much for taking time to give me all this advice, I very much appreciate it!

PeteA
on 5/21/20 7:44 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi Krishna,

Sounds like you are doing a great many things that will help.

For B50 you would really look for the individual B vitamins listed under ingredients. The only B vitamin that I have heard people have trouble with (and not many of those) is B6 that can cause numbness and some fuzzy thinking.

As far as I can tell there is a blood clotting test for K1 which is primarily the benefit and why they make you stop for some surgeries and if you go on blood thinners.

For K2 there is no test that I'm aware of. There are just several scientific studies that say it helps build bone mass - nothing that says it is a miracle just one more thing that helps along the way

I think working with the trainer is a great thing I hope it helps.

The same with the IV - a lot of places in the US are starting to allow the treatments like yours instead of not doing them at all to keep people from taking up protective equipment, etc.

Take care,

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

krishna
on 6/1/20 4:52 am

Hey Pete,

Thanks for letting me know about the blood clotting rest - shall talk to my doctor about this.

I shall also lookout for my B6!

Take care _/\_

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views