Acid Reflux after SADI, SIPS, Loop-DS

livefatdreamskinny
on 1/11/20 7:36 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has had GERD/Acid reflux after the (Single Anastomosis) DS surgery long-term or short term. Thank you!! I just can't find any information online.

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/20 11:00 pm

I had acid reflux prior to Sadi DS in 2014. I used to take meds twice a day. Initially I stopped taking Omeprozol for about 6 months after surgery. Eventually I starting taking it again but now only 1 pill per day.

In short I still have acid reflux but take less meds for it.

Riva_G.
on 1/14/20 9:10 pm, edited 1/14/20 1:12 pm
DS on 07/18/19

Hey!

Had the sips (SADI-S) done 6mnths ago, and I have Acid reflux/gerd now. Some days worse than others.

(I had acid reflux BEFORE surgery, but definitely not as bad as now..) hope this is helpful...

PeteA
on 1/16/20 1:08 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I didn't have it before and I don't have it now, almost 7 years out.

It's strange because I've seen posts both ways (not many of either). Some people got the DS to try and help their GERD and some people were looking at some additional surgery because they developed GERD. I always wondered, for those that didn't have it pre-op, if it was some difference in the surgeons but there was never a cluster to any single Doc.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

White Dove
on 1/19/20 4:52 am - Warren, OH

You would still have a sleeve and the sleeve is a tight system that can cause GERD. Reversing to RNY is what many people have to do to get rid of the GERD. There are cases where patients had RNY to control GERD even if they were not overweight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

mljohns2
on 1/27/20 1:07 pm
DS on 01/27/15

I had SADI surgery 5 years ago. I never had acid reflux before surgery. I do now if I eat or drink too late at night and then try to go to sleep.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 147 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views