Feeling faint

Riva_G.
on 11/16/20 8:40 pm
DS on 07/18/19

I'm a bit more than one year post op, sips/ loop do. i started a new job in September that's been keeping me quite active. I've also been 'dieting' trying to battle off those last 20 pounds. I started getting intense dizzy spells, to the point of going (as my workmates described it) white as the wall. I got really shaky and nearly passed out. I tried upping my food intake, but still felt dizzy and fatigued. I nearly passed out again so I decided to try eating intuitively whatever I wanted (which ended up being unhealthy eating) and AGAIN, I nearly passed out at work. I'm beginning to wonder if my blood sugar might be messed up. Did anyone else have such issues after surgery? I have never had anything near diabetes or anything.

White Dove
on 11/17/20 7:58 am - Warren, OH

You need to talk to a doctor about this. In the meantime, you can research orthostatic hypotension, dehydration, and blood sugar. Make sure you are getting at least 60 ounces of water every day. I get more than 100 ounces.

You do need to address this and not depend on the internet. It may be something minor, or you may be having more serious issues. What is happening to you in not in any way normal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Janet P.
on 11/17/20 9:19 am, edited 11/17/20 1:19 am
On November 17, 2020 at 4:40 AM Pacific Time, Riva_G. wrote:

I?m a bit more than one year post op, sips/ loop do. i started a new job in September that?s been keeping me quite active. I?ve also been ?dieting? trying to battle off those last 20 pounds. I started getting intense dizzy spells, to the point of going (as my workmates described it) white as the wall. I got really shaky and nearly passed out. I tried upping my food intake, but still felt dizzy and fatigued. I nearly passed out again so I decided to try eating intuitively whatever I wanted (which ended up being unhealthy eating) and AGAIN, I nearly passed out at work. I?m beginning to wonder if my blood sugar might be messed up. Did anyone else have such issues after surgery? I have never had anything near diabetes or anything.

First CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

Second, how are your labs?

Third, when you say "diet", what do you mean? Are you eating appropriately for your DS? You mention you decided to try "eating intuitively whatever I wanted". Again, what does that mean?

I have experienced fatigue and dizziness. For me personally it was iron deficiency anemia.

I think before anyone can offer guidance, we need to know what you're eating. So, what are you eating?

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Jmm4321
on 11/17/20 2:37 pm

I'm 6 years post op Sadi DS, and had a similar issue. It also happens with other procedures after losing a lot of weight. Your body is looking to reach a new equilibrium.

In a nutshell, you like are not retaining enough fluids. If you have a lot of loose stool bowel movements, you losing fluids in urine and bowel movements while your body is trying to adjust.

It lasted on/off for me from month 12 or so to around 18. I had to increase sodium intake, and cardiologist suggested eating salty foods for awhile. Obviously drink more water based products.

It's not been an issue for me since.

MizzzCee
on 12/2/20 9:52 am
DS on 12/17/18

This sounds like you need to see your primary care doctor.

My blood pressure was trending way low after surgery and so I started adding salt to my food and that seemed to help me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 171 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 701 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views