Any DS Regrets ?

Plentyofbugs01
on 12/11/20 5:50 am, edited 12/11/20 5:51 am

Have you guys had any DS regrets? Honestly? Is there something you would have done differently?. If you had to give advice to someone who is going through the surgery that you just had or have had in the past what advice would you give them?

no hate towards the surgery. I?m having a SLeeve to DS revision.

Janet P.
on 12/11/20 8:15 am

No regrets for me. I had my DS 18 years ago. Hopefully you'll get some feedback from people who got the sleeve first, then the switch - I've seen different results when done in two parts (which is basically what you're having).

Good luck!!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

PattyL
on 12/11/20 10:31 am

Regrets... Yes. I wish I had done it 30 years sooner. From where I sit in the cheap seats it seems to work better than anything else out there. Good luck.

scaryreader
on 1/1/21 4:20 pm - Chicago, IL

Me too Patty. I had my stomach stapled in'96. Lost about 80 then it came back and brought friends. I had the ds in '06, loving it. Although I've gained 20 since lock down I'm determined to get it off before spring.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

hollykim
on 12/12/20 7:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 11, 2020 at 1:50 PM Pacific Time, Plentyofbugs01 wrote:

Have you guys had any DS regrets? Honestly? Is there something you would have done differently?. If you had to give advice to someone who is going through the surgery that you just had or have had in the past what advice would you give them?

no hate towards the surgery. I?m having a SLeeve to DS revision.

no regrets. I also converted from a sleeve to the DS, it is actually a conversion not a revision.

I went on to lose the rest of the weight I couldn't lose with the sleeve only snd most importantly , to more easily maintain the loss.

DS is not a surgery for those who can't commit to to regimen. High protein, high fat, low carb diet.
a very strenuous vitamin and mineral requirement and this is non negotiable. If you can't commit to the supplementation necessary please think twice about this surgery. Deficiencies can cause irreversible problems and lead to fatalities.
that being said, I love my DS and would have it again.

Plentyofbugs01
on 12/12/20 9:10 am

My first surgery failed, or should I say I failed my surgery. I did however go in with the wrong mindset. I thought that the surgery would you all the work for me. I have surgery in Mexico. There was no aftercare and no education. I just went back to my old eating habits. I am hoping That with this new surgery and the education and after care that they provide I will be able to make the necessary changes to be successful this time.

hollykim
on 12/12/20 10:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 12, 2020 at 5:10 PM Pacific Time, Plentyofbugs01 wrote:

My first surgery failed, or should I say I failed my surgery. I did however go in with the wrong mindset. I thought that the surgery would you all the work for me. I have surgery in Mexico. There was no aftercare and no education. I just went back to my old eating habits. I am hoping That with this new surgery and the education and after care that they provide I will be able to make the necessary changes to be successful this time.

I also had my surgeries in Mx. in 2010, I did receive instructions, a diet plan to follow with appropriate progression stages and tips to help me be successful.
I hope this time you will receive the info that you can use to help you be successful. Good luck!

Sunshine16
on 5/23/21 3:01 pm

100 percent ageee, if you cannot afford the vitamin and supplement regimen DONT do it, but I am happy that I decided first and only round to do DS. I suffer from PCOS, insulin retention...this decision has allowed me to maintain a healthy weight. 10+ Anniversary.

Struggle with anemia, but that also runs in the family.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 291 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 763 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views