SADI

Zandra2021
on 3/24/21 10:47 am

Has anyone had the SADI surgery?
My surgeon has suggested it for me.

I think it is a modified DS.

Janet P.
on 3/25/21 2:46 am

It is and there are a few folks on this board who have had it. I'm sure they'll respond.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Jmm4321
on 3/26/21 8:18 pm

I'm in my 7th year post Sadi. It was extremely effective for me, lost 150lbs in 12 months, can eat virtually anything and stay within same weight range.

Most wls can be effective if you're committed. I would not listen to your doctors recommendation unless he is also an expert on Hess DS. Otherwise you'll get a dr recommending Sadi because he doesn't know other options.

My dr could perform any wls well so his recommendation had real value for me.

hollykim
on 3/26/21 11:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM Pacific Time, Zandra2021 wrote:

Has anyone had the SADI surgery?
My surgeon has suggested it for me.

I think it is a modified DS.

I had the Sadi done , incorrectly. I had to revise to a real Hess DS procedure.
the incorrect procedure caused me to have bile reflux, which is different than acid reflux. Make sure your surgeon is well versed on how to do the procedure.

Jmm4321
on 3/27/21 10:49 am

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I think you could have been very happy with the Sadi but like everything else, we're all dependent on the people we trust.

If done correctly the upside of Sadi is fewer vitamins, lower surgery risk and less malabsorption issues. I think the actual weight loss is similar.

hollykim
on 3/28/21 5:35 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 27, 2021 at 5:49 PM Pacific Time, Jmm4321 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I think you could have been very happy with the Sadi but like everything else, we're all dependent on the people we trust.

If done correctly the upside of Sadi is fewer vitamins, lower surgery risk and less malabsorption issues. I think the actual weight loss is similar.

I agree but I have to hesitate snd post about what CAN happen if it is done incorrectly.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views