Weight Gain after 12 years

tina M.
on 5/21/21 8:15 am - sciez, France

I do understand that complex carbs eventually turn into sugar. I had surgery in 2009 and EVERY pamphlet and on every website, this one included, there was a formula for malabsorption, and it was;

With a duodenal switch, the one that I had, malabsorbs 45% of complex carbs, 50% of proteins, 90% fats and 10% sugar carbs. I understand that 10+ years post op, im not getting that kind of malabsorption, but I am still getting some. Why am I not losing? I have lost. Its just not what I thought. As I said before, before Im going to go down to 20 carbs, im going to make sure that its not a matter of eating too little protein or fats or being dehydrated. I thank you very much for your help, and in the future I might have to relinquish my fight for carbs and lower them to 20.

Jmm4321
on 5/23/21 11:41 am

Everyone's different but I find I lose more weight anytime of year by eating more protein, and always lose more weight in Summer when I consume 20lbs to 25lbs of fruit a week. My carbs are high but if they are quality foods, it's not been an issue for me. The higher fruit means good hydration, fiber and less junk foods.

I'm closing in on seven years post surgery.

White Dove
on 5/22/21 5:08 pm - Warren, OH

Losing weight is just taking in less calories than you burn. Women burn 10 calories per day, per pound of body weight. To maintain at 208, you need to be taking in 2080 calories a day. To lose weight, you need to reduce the calories you eat.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

PattyL
on 5/23/21 10:30 pm

Drastic change. Well, I can give you that. Go get some Atkins shakes, drink 3 per day and that will be 90 gr protein and 3 net carbs per day. And you will be under 600 calories as well. When you get down to 160, add in salads. If you can tolerate those without gaining start adding in other stuff. Weigh every day and if you are over your magic number 3 days in a row, back to just shakes till the regain is gone. You will lose weight and it will be easy to maintain. It never gets out of control.

I am almost 20 years out and to lose I have to go under 20 carbs a day. Sometimes shakes are just easier than doing all the counting and low carb cooking!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/21 7:02 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Exercise always works for me .

Making getting up and getting out there well caffeinated and with bumping' music in my ears my number one priority ( even if I don't stay out long - I give myself permission to stop and come home after 15 minutes if I'm not enjoying myself ) makes me drop a little fat every single day ( and gives me great energy mood and health when I'm smart enough to stick to it )

buying myself a cute new exercise outfit always helps too - it never hurts to strut n feel sexy !

(((()))) hugs and good luck ! You CAN do this :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 279 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 753 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views