Embarrassing I have very very lose stool

Eugene.A
on 7/5/21 9:24 am - Mantua, NJ

The main problem is while I am sleeping.

All during the day I'm OK with it. Just not while I am sleeping or trying to sleep ?. I don't get any good sleep because of it because I'm always waking up checking myself. All because at night while sleeping is when I have a lot of gas and sometimes with gas a have very very lose stool.

Starting weight 333 lb                                                      Gold weight 180 lb

sweetpotato1959
on 7/5/21 7:26 pm

My DM had this issue and we had the same surgery.. hers turned out to be intolerance to milk( consider it is added to many foods and mixes via several forms such as lecithin/whey..)., many fats and all artificial sweeteners.

Try taking an imodium in afternoon for 3-5 days. It will also help the gas..sounds like you are having a lot... It is supposed to be non-constipating.

Drink filtered water.. avoid colas of every kind... limit fruits/fruit juices to 2-3 oz day.

During initial beginning,of diet changes.. cut out all milk, change fats to natural ones only ,ie olive oil, scant coconut or real butter, in extremely limited portions- (mostly for flavor.) and sugars.artificial sweetners will cause it, so will milk products,if intolerant..

When you add back in milk- try one of the lactose free ones, or goat milk. and only add that one food back in for 5 days.

consider magnesium- can get this with a 20 min epsom salt foot bath if your intestines are upset.- and zinc if not taking it and if you are taking calcium. and vitamin K2- which has been researched over past 2-3 years and is a mineral mover...note: it is not K1 which helps blood clot.

I tolerate eggs better than anything...i eat 4 -5 a day depending on size.I take a probiotic on an irregular but stable schedule... 2-3 days a week.and generally do these all the time.. I had a hybrid WLS surgery 24 years- it included RNY and several other procedures. It worked. I have issues. I take no prescripton meds. blood pressure low normal heart, rate low normal, last labs revealed anemia.. taking a natural supplement that is well absorbed, and allows me to absorb irons from other foods for that...

Hope this helps... it did Mom and I generally follow these same guides to stay in sinc.

traviscantrell
on 7/5/21 9:35 am - Ridgefield, WA

After RNY in 2011 , I started having bowel problems diarrhea gas stomach indigestion and I chalked it all up to the fact that it was bariatric surgery, then February 2021 started having diarrhea almost every day sometimes twice a day so I saw a GI doctor and he did a colonoscopy and discovered that I had Crohn's disease and was extremely lactose intolerant.

my treatment was prednisone for 30 days and then Humira I guess for the rest of my life. I suggest you see another doctor other than the bariatric doctor.

diarrhea is now gone and getting normal bowel movements still have indigestion and gas problems, working on that.

good luck

Travis Cantrell                                

sweetpotato1959
on 7/8/21 9:31 am

Travis, try charcoal caps away from your vitamins and aftr meal- a little whille.. it works for gas for me,, 2 caps one time... see if u can tell the difference. it will pass thru black, so don't let that surprise you...indigestion is indication of gas pressure or dietary intolerance.. high acid food for me.

Marianne W.
on 7/5/21 11:11 am

I am 20 years + from my Biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch. The only thing that really improved the condition was by taking probiotics. Get a good quality brand with billions of cultures. Give it a try. It might help.

Eugene.A
on 7/5/21 12:05 pm - Mantua, NJ

Maybe I should try more prebiotic if the fiber doesn't work or should I try more prebiotic first because eating yogurt is helping and I have been eating a big piece of extra sharp cheese before I go to bed seem to help more????

Starting weight 333 lb                                                      Gold weight 180 lb

sweetpotato1959
on 7/5/21 7:31 pm

If yogurt helps try 1/2 cup of butter milk2-3x a day..... but try one thing for 5 days n a row or you will not know what worked!.. FYI,Sharpest cheddar has very little lactose, so if you are eating that i would stay on it.. for a few more days..

Marianne W.
on 7/5/21 11:21 am

Also you could try giving up dairy foods to see if it helps. I became lactose intolerant for a while after my surgery.

Eugene.A
on 7/5/21 12:02 pm - Mantua, NJ

I just started ieating yogurt and it helped a little that's why I said about trying more fiber in the form of powder or capsule to see if that help.

sweetpotato1959
on 7/8/21 9:33 am

Eugene.A How are you doing? have you noted a difference? Just checkin in...

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views