Surgery was a success!!!

Desari63
on 9/8/21 1:08 pm - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12

Hello All! I'm back home and all went well. My pouch was still intact from my 1st surgery so there was no revision needed. I had the SADI (mini-DS) and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I'm back to the beginning again with the post-op diet from the first time but starting Friday, I can move to all puree foods and drinks. I forgot how hard this was since the 1st time and I cook dinner for the family and it's hard NOT to want what they are having but I have my protein shakes while they are eating so it's all good.

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

PattyL
on 9/8/21 3:49 pm

Good luck! Heal and then lower the hammer and lose as much as you can!

Desari63
on 9/9/21 3:17 pm - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12

Oh, I plan to...I want to be down to about 145 by the end of the year and that's a doable goal. Then to just maintain it is what is going to be the challenge!! LOL!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Stephmags
on 9/10/21 5:04 pm
WLS on 09/07/21

Mine too! I had the d-loop with Dr Cottam in Salt Lake City on Tuesday morning. I went in yesterday for post op visit and IV fluids. I am very comfortable and the pain is not nearly the same as when I had the sleeve. I am hoping this surgery will help keep the weight off; I am still considered a "lightweight" but decided to go ahead now and complete the surgery while I am still healthy. I will keep you updated -

Desari63
on 9/29/21 1:23 pm - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12

Hey Steph -

How'd surgery go? Just checking to see how you're doing...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 123 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 664 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views