HELP! I want to get back to my lowest weight

Cpaulsen07
on 1/7/22 12:07 pm
DS on 08/15/15

Hello all!

I need some advice! I have a goal to get back to my lowest weight so I will need to lose about 25lbs. I'm having a hard time though. Since my DS loop I have had 2 major car accidents (neither one were my fault), had 3 level fusion back surgery, and terrible migraines. Because of all these health issues I have been in bed a lot the last 2 years so my weight has crept up. I have not been eating as healthy eating either. Do any of you have some ideas for what I can do?

White Dove
on 1/7/22 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

Join Weigh****chers and follow their points plan. Set a goal of one pound per week. You might lose a few more the first week. Attend meetings, weight and measure, and track your food. Drink more water and exercise. There is no magic. It is the same for people who never had surgery. Burn more calories than you take in.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 1/7/22 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

Join Weigh****chers and follow their points plan. Set a goal of one pound per week. You might lose a few more the first week. Attend meetings, weight and measure, and track your food. Drink more water and exercise. There is no magic. It is the same for people who never had surgery. Burn more calories than you take in.

Sunshine16
on 1/10/22 3:36 am, edited 1/9/22 7:37 pm

I did great this summer losing 12lb, walked helped me to stay focus and not always craving, and intermittent fasting. 10/14 for. The walking really helped me stay focused. 30 to 50 min. Loving nature helps. And not weighning yourself...for a few weeks. My scale broke and not evening knowing it I was trimming down.Plus, I always had a high protein morning.

Im not sure what to do since its cold..

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

White Dove
on 1/10/22 11:09 am - Warren, OH

Exercise is great and necessary. But you cannot outrun a bad diet. The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than your body burns,

sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/22 4:07 pm

Sunshine,It sounds like many medical things are in play(with orig. one posting) ..that have ganged up, to cause lack of mobility and subsequent weight re gain..

.I agree whole heartily with intermittent fasting.combined with high protein, low carb . Tracking protein, limiting carbs to less than 40 day...adequate water and adding some kind of exercise at least 3 days/week. i am beginning to have better blood sugar stability and have begun a slow weight loss.,I have been intentionally doing intermittent fasting for about 2 weeks.

...I agree with walking, however, telling someone to walk only helps if they are able to do it, and it requires a commitment to that I never had long term.- is not happening in cold or wet..... It is one of the easiest and requires No extra equipment..

..I have found the little " add-ons" easier for me to do long term. park out in the parking lot when going to purchase groceries., if able /available.. .climb a level of stairs extra. Get up and walk thru every room in the house 3 times,.. do that several times a day. Every step counts, especially when anyone is debilitated...and just beginning to get back on track..

another thing to add steps:. When shopping make an extra loop or two around the grocery store.

also limit stress as much as possible. increased stress increases cortizol.and Cause weight gain...

the different weight loss systems/companies NEVER worked for me. If it didn't work before surgery, why would it ever work after.?

mrsrcovington
on 2/28/22 11:05 am
DS on 12/01/18

I agree with this. I am having problems also getting back on track. Your reply is the best so far and more do able for the long term.

PattyL
on 1/15/22 10:53 am

Buy some sort of a fitness tracker and for 2 weeks, track your exercise and every bite of food you eat. When the 2 weeks are up analyze the results. This should tell you what you need to change. Weigh at the beginning and the end of the 2 weeks. Don't try to diet, just be normal.

Just saying eat less doesn't work. Maybe you need to eat more of different things.

sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/22 3:41 pm

Go back to your diet plan...

NOT liquid one, but the protein w/ limited carbs.

and combine that with intermittent fasting...which is not a strict diet per-se. but a method of eating all foods in a tighter window..In this you set your goals and work your time to what you desire... there are you tube video's on how it is best accomplished.

For this to be effective one can do this 3 or 4 times a week, and work up to the goal time that is most effective for you...instead of eating at 7,12,5.. eat all food intake/calories in 2pm- 7pm time frame. giving a long fasting time..with water, plain coffee,

Hubs takes his ACV and med supplements during his morning wake up ritual..he was either brave or desperate- he began it with a 22 hour fast, and has done 2 36 hour fasts...he has dropped more than a pants size n about weeks.( he did not have WLS) he was to a 40waist, and today put on a pair of 36's- they were too tight to be comfortable but he got them fastened..

. avoid artificial sweetners/chemical additives... they make some people hungry. I have swapped to "pyure stevia" and occ. mung fruit. I am doing about 14 hours most of the time...now. That is a far cry form the q 4hour intervals i was eating.....I have low blood sugar issues so if my sugar goes wacky i am off it for a few days til stable.... hope this gives you another tool in your tool box.

nicolstrand
on 1/23/22 7:39 pm

Don't be too aggressive up front with the diet or you'll fizzle out quickly with no results or be more inclined to cheat. Start with incremental improvements (cutting out fruit juice, eating earlier so you digest before bed, more veggies, less sugar, etc) then once you get in a rhythm and feeling better, seeing some small improvement, try ramping it up a little at a time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views