BPD/DS REVERSAL due to severe malabsorption

airbender
on 2/27/22 5:39 pm

Hi all,

I will be having a BPD/DS REVERSAL due to severe malabsorption in a few weeks. My DS is too severe, I have a 50 cm common limb and a 300 biliopancreatic limb. Infusions, injections, 45+ pills- supplements/day, osteoporosis and scoliosis caused post DS. I have had to add more and more supplements-the malabsorption is too severe.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

PattyL
on 2/28/22 11:23 am

Best of luck with your surgery.

airbender
on 2/28/22 2:19 pm

thank you

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Jmm4321
on 2/28/22 11:12 pm

This is just a question, but can't the surgeon lengthen your common channel. With the Sadi DS, mine is about 300cm, and some are 400cm. I would think it's not your reduced stomach size but the 50cm cc length that is causing the issue.

Good luck with the surgery.

airbender
on 3/1/22 4:28 am

Yes the surgeons could lengthen my common channel, but my BPL is also very long. The common channel length could help but since my deficiency is rather severe, instead of seeing if the CC lengthening would help then have to go back and have another surgery. The intestinal bypass is fully reversible and this is where the severe malabsorption issue is. This has nothing to do with the VSG, and that is not reversible as it was surgically removed. Thank you.

Christine W.
on 4/17/22 8:27 pm - Centerville, OH

Can I ask- how long ago was your original surgery? How old are you? I am having similar problems 17 years later.

airbender
on 4/18/22 3:43 am

Oh I'm sorry you are going through this, I sent you a PM.

airbender
on 4/18/22 3:45 am

Oh I'm sorry you are going through this, I sent you a PM.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views