LF Surgeon, support group, friends, Ft. myer area

tami_38
on 9/20/12 1:21 pm - Fort Myers, FL
RNY on 08/25/09 with
 Hi friends...I just moved here, to Fort Myers, Florida. I am looking for a bariatric surgeon, bariatric support group, and some friends, that are nearby, close as possible to my area. Thanks  Tammy...Btw I had Gastric Bypass in 08/09. 
carlak
on 10/5/12 4:29 am - Bradenton, FL
 Hi Tamy,
Im Carla, Im about 80 miles North of you in the Sarasota bradenton area. I to am having a hard time finding someone to follow me. I rely on my pcp to guide me. I am 10 years out. I fly to denver 2 times a year to see my surgeon. 
I did go to a support group here but they have dis banded. and only let pt from the drs office attend. now.
I moved to florida from colorado. where are you from?
carla
image hosting site

jb2334
on 10/6/12 3:03 am - FL
I live in Port Charlotte, about 30 mins north of Fort Myers.  My surgeon's support group meets the first Monday of every month here in Port Charlotte.  Let me know if you're interested in attending...

http://peaceriverbariatrics.com/getpage.php?name=support
carlak
on 10/25/12 8:48 am - Bradenton, FL

I would love to attend the support group in Pt Charlotte. I am in denver till Monday. My email is cannhairdesign @gmail. Ill try to attend on the first Monday in November.  Carla

image hosting site

lisa C.
on 10/26/12 3:14 am - TX

I have been looking for a support group for 3 yrs!  i just had a revision ....where is it located and when? I would assume anyone can attend?

LISA C.  

jb2334
on 10/26/12 3:17 am - FL
Anyone can attend...the link I posted above tells where we meet...if you need more info, please feel free to let me know...hope to see you there!
JAMom
on 4/25/13 1:42 am
We recently moved to Cape Coral from Minnesota (just in time to avoid the longest winter in history). My surgeon was very well known and we had a fantastic monthly DDS support group. My surgery was in 2010, and I feel like I've fallen off the exercise wagon during the relocation and an unfortunate job loss.

I would appreciate finding a support group with fellow DDS patients who have been successful, and recommendations for a bariatric physician to get labs done (once I have a job with insurance). Even a family practitioner or internist who "gets" DDS would be helpful. Do most people buy vitamins at Costco here, or ? Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 281 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1324 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1330 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1469 views