Not loosing any weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mamirican28
on 5/7/15 6:58 pm

I am pursuing VSG and already started my (weight mgmnt) visits with my Dr. but I have not loose any weight instead I had gained 4 pounds. Will this affect my process and how my insurance will look at it? I am very desperate. I weight 237 and my height is 5'3" I have 3 more appointments to go. HELP!!!!!

You are not fat. You HAVE fat. "FAT" does NOT define you.

Karla Phoenix
on 7/2/15 4:29 pm

hey. How did it go? Have you started losing weight yet? Some doctors want to see that you are committed and that you will be successful post-op. They give you a percentage or a specific number to lose... or your Dr will be able to show your insurance company that you failed losing weight even under a doctor's supervision. That can be a good thing. I'm stuck at about 10-11 lbs lost. I need to be more disciplined. Can u let me know what's working for you?

Sleeved: 12/17/15

HW: 284 lbs.     SW: 266 lbs.

CW: 251 lbs.   GW: 140 lbs.

Sandra R.
on 9/1/15 6:08 am

First and foremost don't think too much about losing weight. If you over think it, it won't happen. Focus exercise.  Did your doctor mention a liquid diet for you yet? If not consider asking about it. I had my surgery in NJ and I am 5 years post op now living in FL. 

Good luck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 285 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1328 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1332 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1472 views