Tampa - Revision Surgery - Dr. Murr?

LisaLoo
on 4/12/16 3:36 pm

Hello.  I just moved to the Tampa area and am considering revision to my RNY from 12 years ago.  I am currently registered to attend Dr. Murr's information session next week.  Is anyone out there familiar with him?  Any opinions good or bad?  Please feel free to email me privately if you would rather not post publicly.  

Also, any recommendations on the type of revision?  I have been reading a lot on this topic here and it looks like almost everything has good and bad to it.  I had the RNY and had absolutely no complications except that I am hypoglycemic still after all of these years but I know how to keep that under control.  I also have some deficiency issues with Vitamin B and especially Vitamin D and luckily these can be managed with scripts.  

I am just beginning the process so I would welcome any suggestions on surgeon if someone can recommend.  I will be getting a second opinion to whatever Dr. Murr advises me.

LisaLoo
on 4/18/16 8:13 pm

Well, for anyone else out there considering a revision that lives in the Greater Tampa Bay area, I thought I might post about my experience.  Dr. Murr's staff was very pleasant.  However, they were unable to answer my questions about what options I had regarding revision surgery.  I had to watch a video and they explained that there is an additional $500-700 program fee which is not covered by insurance.  If you pay the fee in one lump sum, they charge $500 but if you need to make payments, they charge $700.  I will meet with the new physician who will go over everything in more detail with me.  

They ran my insurance and told me that all I needed to qualify for the surgery was to have 3 consecutive monthly meetings with my doctor regarding weight loss and they offer a weight loss class in their office which meets that criteria.  They were unable to tell me any other criteria needed for qualification of a revision.

I would like to say that this is very frustrating for me.  I just want to get some information about what my options are.  I never expected it to be so time consuming and complicated.  I don't even know if I want to have revision surgery and I can't decide until I know what the options are.  It seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to get a few questions answered.  I came on this website hoping to find answers but instead I have more questions.

Feeling frustrated . . . 

Irishnana
on 8/14/18 7:26 am
RNY on 04/28/15

Why do you think you need revision surgery? Did you have regain?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 273 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1314 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1316 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1459 views