Recent Posts

Josejam25
on 12/25/22 4:38 pm - Hialeah, Fl
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Looking for surgeon that approves medicare and medicaid in Hialeah, Florida thank you.

Another Fatone
on 8/26/22 4:00 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13
Topic: Coronary Angiogram Question

Hello

I am having intermittent chest pains. I have an appt scheduled with the doctor.

I may need an coronary angiogram. My kidneys are GFR 47.

Question : Will they do an angiogram with GFR of 47. I understand the concern is damage from the dye.

Thank you

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

Alize-rivera
on 1/10/21 11:53 am
Topic: RE: Staywell (medicaid)

Did you get it ? What happened ?

lwylie
on 12/5/20 4:38 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Butler....revision scheduled

Dr Butler did my RNY in 2001. I lost 150s before the bipass totally closed causing the staple line to rupture. I spent many years in pain, cat scans didn't show anything by that time Butler was dead so I was just seeing a GP. Finally I had a barium test that showed I had a gastro gastric fistula.

So my anatomy is as if i never had surgery. I had gained 100 pounds back but have worked hard to take 60 of that off (not easy when you are over 50). I wish I knew this happened to other people, it would have made me feel like less of a failure. It may have saved me years of pain.

CourtLosesIt
on 8/8/20 11:53 pm
Topic: RE: Staywell (medicaid)

Hey all! I'm headed to my final dietitian appointment on Wednesday (8/12). It will mark the 6 month mark of the required visits with her. I've done my barium swallow, EKG, PCP clearance, and psych clearance. As long as I can stay under my goal weight for four days, my surgeons office is going to submit everything to my insurance for approval.

How long from the day everything was turned in, to the day you got a call to schedule the surgery, did it take for you guys? I'm on medical leave from nursing school right now, and I'm stressing about not having the surgery and recovery completed by the time I'm supposed to return to school. I'm on staywell (as I assume you all are too), and I've done everything they've asked of me. I'd feel better if you guys were able to give me a time frame to reference for my own surgery, even though I know every case is different. Thanks in advance!

danielleh95
on 12/18/19 11:41 am
Topic: RE: Medicaid requirements

It depends on your insurance but since you have medicaid, you will most likely have to have 6 consecutive months of supervised diet. I'm in FL and I have medicaid (Staywell). I had to do the 6 months, psych eval, EKG,bloodwork, 2 nutrition visits, endoscopy, sleep study and barium swallow test. I'm finished with everything and they sent it to Staywell on 12/16. I am waiting to hear if I am approved since I have 5 comorbities: Major depression, GERD, multiple joint pain, migraines and diabetes.

cayita63
on 8/19/19 6:31 pm - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Topic: RE: New to FL - looking for a Bariatric Doc / Support Group in Delray / Boca / Boynton area?

same boat. I live in West Palm . Did you find another dr?

thanks

c

carmanap
on 5/10/19 6:51 pm
Topic: RE: Riverside Surgical & Weight Loss Center in Sebastian, FL

Dr Domkowski did the sleeve on me 5-3-19. He is a wonderful skilled Dr. I am doing great.

Mssstazzz
on 3/19/19 8:47 pm
VSG on 06/29/12
Topic: RE: Riverside Surgical & Weight Loss Center in Sebastian, FL
I had Domkowski for vsg and hernia surgery few years after.

Mssstazzz           

finding__sara
on 3/7/19 10:58 am
Topic: Riverside Surgical & Weight Loss Center in Sebastian, FL

I'm having a consult with them in May. Anyone used them? :)

Sara

RNY Gastric Bypass 8/15/19

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 281 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1324 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1331 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1469 views