MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:08 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

RENEE BROOKS
CARVER

on 11/29/07 9:28 am - Milledgeville, GA
YES!!! Glad I can help you all......Hi, I had the very BEST surgeon on the planet.........well, to me anyway.......and he is with Peachtree Surgical and Bariatrics in Atlanta .....He is Dr Larry Hobson......the phone number is 404-881-8020 and yes the office will take Medicare and Medicaid. I had to go that route myself. Thanks for letting me help you guys out.....Renee

IM IN LOVE WITH LIFE ITSELF AND YEP GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME.....WOW I LOVE TO WAKE UP EACH DAY TO SEE WHAT LIFE WILL OFFER ME.....ALL SMILES NOW FOR ME AND NO MORE TEARS......THANK YOU TO GOD AND TO MY WONDERFUL SURGEON DR LARRY HOBSON......I LOVE YA.......RENEE

mac409
on 1/17/08 10:50 am
Hi Renee Glad to hear you say that.  I am having surgery on the 24th with Dr. Hobson.  I have seen him twice now and really like him too... You have done so well, you must be really proud of yourself, you go girl as my daughter would say.   I am also a Medicare patient and it was hard to find a Doctor that was will to do the surgery without pre payment.  Do you live in Atlanta, I am in Ellijay so it is a two hour trip for me, but well worth it. Bernadette
mas7155
on 4/22/08 2:24 am
Renee,  Were there any upfront costs with Dr Hobson?  What all is required before and after surgery?  I thought I had a doctor in South Georgia but found out that even though the hospital would accept Medicare, he would not.  Therefore, I would have been responsible for his charges.  I was trying to go for the lapband surgery.  His office told me that he could do the "sleeve" and I would not have to pay his charges but I do not know much about the sleeve except that it is more invasive than the lapband.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks 
mynuet
on 7/29/08 11:01 pm - Hinesville, GA
Which doctor was that?  I was considering the sleeve, and if I could get that done without slogging to Atlanta, that would be awesome.
SandraS
on 9/15/09 11:33 am - Richmond Hill, GA
I am currently going throught Memorial Bariatrics in Savannah and I am almost positive they do the sleeve.
Sandra

Faithh
on 11/2/08 10:26 am - GA
not sure if you remember me ... but i wanted to say your looking great and im so happpppy for you.... btw i agree we did have the best doctor in the world

I HAVE FAITH OF THE HEART ... NO ONES GONNA HOLD ME BACK....

caramela
on 12/23/08 3:44 am - Monroe, GA
THANKS FOR YOU ADVICE MY HUSBAND NEEDS THIS!
MickATL
on 1/25/08 12:03 am - Tucker, GA
I just confirmed that Emory Healthcare, who did my surgery is officially accredited by the American College of Surgeons, which means they are able to accept patients with Medicare. They have always accepted patients with Medicaid, as long as they are reasonable candidates for surgery. I had my surgery June 18, 2007 and have lost 149 lbs since.  They offer a comprehensive program of dietician support, lifestyle, exercise, monthly support groups and more.  They have truly helped me change my life from a sedentary one to a more active, healthy & fit one.

To register for a free, informational seminar about the options for treating obesity offered by the Emory Bariatric Center, please call Emory HealthConnection at 404.778.7777 or 1.800.75.EMORY (1.800.753.6679).

Emory Bariatric Center at The Emory Clinic Emory Clinic A 1365 Clifton Road, NE Atlanta, Georgia  30322 Emory Campus Map and Directions

Emory Bariatric Center at Emory Crawford Long Hospital Medical Office Tower 550 Peachtree St, NE Atlanta, Georgia 30308 Emory Crawford Long Hospital Map and Directions

Home Page, Emory Bariatric Center

Emory recently received Level 1 Accreditation from American College of Surgeons. 
Mick in Atlanta, GA
Banded 6-18-07
sw 324 & 56"w / cw 214 & 38"w

Darrin D.
on 9/19/08 8:27 am - GA
Hey, I had Dr Lin for my Realize band on 8/26.  I loved the whole approch that Emory Bariatrics took.  There was never any question of what happens if you cant get approved thru insurance, the whole 6+ months of the doctor supervised diet they were quite positive that we would get approved and they never let me give up hope.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
Most Active