EGD with Scleratherapy

Cynde G.
on 5/7/11 5:19 am - Stockbridge, GA

Hey there ya'll.  I have been MIA for a very long time.  I have a question for ya.  Has anyone here had EGD with Scleratherapy?  I have had a gain over the past 3 years(myfault and a lazy sphencter) and I am scheduled for this procedure on the 13th. I am curious to how others have done with this.

You guys all look awesome!!!!  keep up the great work!

Cynde G
rny 10-10-05
367/203/180

The journey is long...but the scenery is awesome!

birthdaygirl
on 5/8/11 7:41 am - Lithonia, GA

Hey Cynde!.....Dr. Hobson did my RNY surgery too in 08 and my weight loss had stalled for over a year and I was holding at 175 for ovrer a year with lil losses here and there......I was always a slow loser though...

Dr. Hobson and Dr Speight suggested the same procedure for me and I was going to do it but my insurance denied....soooo last summer I painted my house interior 85% by myself just or the exercise and my weight loss picked up again and was teetering at 170

then in March this year I had a panniculectomy and dropped another 20 pounds...I have alot of excess skin...so take that into account also...Good luck!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
Cynde G.
on 5/8/11 7:20 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Thank You Birthday Girl.

Cynde G
rny 10-10-05
367/203/180

The journey is long...but the scenery is awesome!

cindyls06
on 5/10/11 1:45 pm - Marietta, GA
I am not sure if this is going to really help you or not. But I have had an EGD 2x and I am having another one next week. So I am expert on that part.

However, with my first EGD, they did the opposite, they opened up my esophagus and stomach area because I couldn't keep food down. The second one was a week later to check that I didn't need to be more stretch out inside and I didn't.

It wasn't that bad at all for me. They give you anethesia and you go out pretty quickly. Then you wake up. I didn't feel any pain or discomfort. I was able to go home 20 minutes later, they just verified that someone was there to take me home. I slept a lot that afternoon and I felt better actually after.

Like I said, I know it isn't the same thing, but I can say the EGD part and them fiddling around in there did not cause me any pain.

-Cindy

MARTINA P.
on 5/19/11 2:24 am - ROCKMART, GA
Cindy I find it strange that I had the same problems as you but had to be stretched 5 time before it stayed open.  I wonder if the week we had surgery was just a bad week.

MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 11:12 am - GA
I had this procedure done last fall.  Mine was done to get my restriction back.  I did lose some weight, got some restriction back...not sure if I got it back to the original surgery.  The pain after surgery was horrible, and when they would give me pain meds, I would fall asleep, and my heart rate would drop.  I ended up spending the night in the hospital because of the time of day, and the fact that I live alone...did get to go home the next day.  My insurance covered the hospital bill, but did not cover the Dr Williams since the schlerotheraphy was done...$1500.00!!!  Please check with your insurance about all of this.
Most Active