3 year surgiversary

CColeman
on 11/18/12 3:28 am
Just celebrated my third surgiversary! I am still constantly amazed when I walk past a mirror or window and catch a glimps of my reflection. Now, instead of "who is that?" I am just beginning to recognize the "thin" relflection as myself. It is a slow process for the mind to catch up with the body. I now have fewer and fewer people who knew me before surgery not recognizing me. Now it is mostly people who find out about the surgery and tell me they can't believe I was ever that big.

A few things I have learned along the way:

*Protein first is and always will be important.
*Chew, chew, chew.
*Lots of fluids.
*My hair grew back curly and I love it!
*Exercise is alot more fun and eaiser without an extra 135 pounds.
*A good bra is worth the price.
*Good support garments keep the skin from giggling.
*I will always be a fat person inside.
*Head hunger is evil, but at least now I am able to recognize it and know the difference between head hunger and real hunger. (major revalation)
*I can get by on 1000 calories a day and still feel just fine.
*I don't miss carbonated beverages.
*Wine is a quick buzz.
*My husband is now the "jealous type".
*I am grateful for the fact that I don't "dump" but also grateful that I do get sick to my stomach if I intake over 15 grams of sugar at once. it keeps me in check.
*So much easier to find clothes that fit, though I still go straight to the Womens size racks first. Just can't seem to break the habit.
*Calcium causes constipation and heartburn, but gotta have it.
*Too many carbs as one time makes my blood sugar tank a few hours later. (back to protein first)
*I will be forever grateful to have this time as a "normal" person and would do it again in a heart beat!

walterswife
on 11/18/12 5:02 am

Well said. Congratulations!

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

LaShelle2
on 11/28/12 1:22 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Congrats on your success!  So happy to see you are staying on track. Keep up the good work.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active