Seeking Revision Dr in the Atlanta area

renee73
on 1/8/13 8:03 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi...I'm seeking a good revision dr. I have the lapband but now I am interested in the sleeve due to various isssues. Lapband surgery was done at Peachtree Bariactrics. Just wanted to have another option.

Thanks in advance

SW: 278  LW: 189  CW: 215 GW: 160  

walterswife
on 1/12/13 11:14 pm

Scott Steinberg and Qammar Rashid and Dennis Smith in Marietta. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

renee73
on 1/13/13 7:20 am - Atlanta, GA
Thank you for the info. Dr Rashid did my initial band surgery. I'm glad to know she is another option for revision.

LaShelle2
on 1/13/13 4:38 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

I have no experience with revisions, but I would suggest having a consult with a surgeon who does all 4 surgeries. That way, you can get a good recommendation of what will work for you.  You don't want to pick the wrong procedure twice.

You should be honest with yourself about whether you can follow a strict diet for the rest of your life and exercise if you are having a restriction only procedure.

If not, consider a wls that has built in tools to aid in your losing and keeping on track:

DS- extreme malabsorption, removal of portion of tummy that produces grelin,

or

RNY- dumping, and slight malabsorption.

It will be much harder to lose with a revision, because you may not have that initial massive quick loss.

Do some research on the revision board too.

Dr. Smith (great reputation)  in Marietta and Dr Maynard (only does open procedures - less than perfect reputation) both do  all 4 surgeries. Even of you do not choose one of them as your surgeon, he will be knowledgeable about all 4 and can point you in the right direction.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

renee73
on 1/13/13 7:27 am - Atlanta, GA
Thank you for your reply. I was successful with losing 89 lbs within 1.5 years. Then I started having issues. I have regained 20 lbs. I still had 30 lbs to goal but now I'm at 50 more plus to lose. Not even sure if I will qualify with a 33 BMI but the band just isn't working. Again thanks for the information you provided.

Most Active