Moving to jasper county! Need support and surgeon!

Deyzmommy
on 1/14/13 4:43 am - NY
Moving to jasper county from upstate New York in March. Looking for a weekly/biweekly support group as well as recommendations for a surgeon. My surgery is this Wednesday the 16th and ill need someone for follow up care.
pastorkerry
on 1/15/13 10:57 am - GA
RNY on 12/20/12
Congrats on the move. My surgeon is in Decatur, Ga. Dr Steinberg at Surgical Associates. Very good doctor.
LaShelle2
on 1/17/13 12:22 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Welcome to GA!

You are not going to find any support groups or surgeons in Jasper County. Plan on driving closer to Atlanta which will be 45min-1hr from you at a minimum.

The only surgeon that I know of that will take on another surgeon's patient is Dr. Steinburg.

I would suggest looking at your insurance list of approved surgeons and just go down the list and call all of them and explain your situation.   Your surgeon may also be able to point you in the right direction and put in a good word for you. The wls community is pretty close knit. Many of the surgeons know of each other.

What type of wls are you having and where and what surgeon? Also what insurance?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 1/30/13 4:15 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Hi, I just wanted to follow up on your request for a support group. I just learned there is a lapband support group in Newton County at Newton Medical. I am not sure if they allow other wls, but you can call to find out.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active