Dr. Pro Surgery AsAP!

LoveLee07
on 3/16/13 3:09 am - Hampton, GA
Hello everyone! I'm almost done with everything but I need a primary physician in the ATlanta, GA area who takes medicaid and is pro weightloss surgery. I've tried two different Dr.'s and neither of them did what they say they would! It's almost a year later and I still don't have the last thing which is a letter of medical necessity! I need this before all my program stuff needs to be done over i.e psych evaluation etc. please help!!!!! Even if he or she doesn't take Medicaid. Thx Lee
TK1117
on 3/16/13 6:29 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13

Hi ... My PCP does not accept Medicaid but he did complete my medical necessity letter within a timely manner. I have new insurance (Cigna) and had to find a new PCP and I found Dr. Paul Ellis in my provider network directory. My initial appt. with him was on 2/8 for my complete physical which consisted of labs and EKG. We discussed my medical history; I also had my medical records with me. The next day I received a call from his PA who informed me that my lab showed I was anemic and that Dr. Ellis needed to see me back the following week. I went back and had more labs and had to be referred to a Hematologist for iron infusions. Dr. Ellis completed my medical necessity letter that same week and sent it over to my surgeon. Dr. Ellis is AWESOME and very knowledgeable about bariatric surgery and is an proponent for surgery when he feels it could be beneficial. He's with North Chattahoochee Family Physicians group in Johns Creek. Good Luck to you!!!

Sleeved: 6/14/13 | Start Weight: 220 | Surgery Weight: 209 | 9 Months Post Op: 143 | Goal: 140    

soprofound
on 6/27/13 8:15 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

this can be a mess. have you had any luck?

LoveLee07
on 6/27/13 8:34 am - Hampton, GA

Yes I have thanks for asking. I've gotten my approval and my last appointment with my NUT is July 1

laugh"Fear often separates us from destiny, Have the courage to walk through it! Even if your eyes are closed." -Lovelee07

Most Active