Really Enjoyed Support Group Meeting - Emory Johns Creek

TK1117
on 3/16/13 6:19 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13

I attended the Support Group Meeting today at Emory Johns Creek Hospital and really enjoyed the meeting! Everyone was VERY nice and very open about their experience. I actually did have questions and they were quickly answered. The group was very supportive and gave what I felt to be as very honest answers about what to expect. I was very happy to meet people that had their surgeries by my doctor and got the chance to meet people that are scheduled to have their surgeries with my doctor. I definitely see myself participating in the group sessions post-op! So very happy I was able to attend. 

Sleeved: 6/14/13 | Start Weight: 220 | Surgery Weight: 209 | 9 Months Post Op: 143 | Goal: 140    

mcraedublin
on 3/16/13 4:06 pm - GA
Glad you enjoyed it. I haven't attended any yet. I plan too next week.
sandywyatt
on 3/22/13 12:00 am, edited 3/22/13 6:59 am
Johns Creek is the closest support group to my house. How do I join this group. Where/ when do they meet. I have completed all prerequisites for surgery but forgot I had to do this. Please help.
Stephanie B.
on 3/22/13 4:17 am - Cumming, GA
RNY on 02/07/13

I have been meaning to attend a meeting but keep forgetting when they are.  Could someone post the schedule.  I am 6 weeks post op and really need to find  a support group.

Thanks

Stephanie

TK1117
on 3/22/13 5:33 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13
Sure ... I will post it shortly for you guys!

Sleeved: 6/14/13 | Start Weight: 220 | Surgery Weight: 209 | 9 Months Post Op: 143 | Goal: 140    

TK1117
on 3/22/13 5:42 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13
Ok ... The support groups meet the 3rd Saturday of each month; so the next one April 20th. It's at 10:30am at Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Frist Conference Rm, Suite 109 side B of the Physician's Plaza. This one is for Anyone/Everyone. There's also one every 3rd Wednesday at 7pm at the same location. This one states it's for Gastric Bypass. The contact # is 678.474.8420. Hope this helps!

Stephanie B.
on 3/22/13 11:44 pm - Cumming, GA
RNY on 02/07/13
Thank you!!!!!

Stephanie

jimbovsg
on 10/15/13 4:50 am

My GF and I go to the wed night one ...we are both sleevers...and we prefer it to Sat group!  mail

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

barb.k
on 9/14/13 9:49 am - Williamson, GA

Although this is a older post, I am glad I scrolled a few pages back! I haven't seen Dr Hart's name much on this site and was starting to get a little nervous...I am scheduled for surgery with him on Nov 5. I wish I could go to the support group this month but I signed up for a extra shift before consulting the calendar. I am going next month (October) to the "pearls" class which meets at the same time. Did  you go to the pearls class or the support group. It will be my only opportunity to attend one pre op. Thanks for posting it is great to read positive things about that support group. I am starting to reconcile myself to planning on making the very long drive up there as I can't seem to find a support group on the southside.

Do you have a surgery date in mind?

jimbovsg
on 10/15/13 4:53 am
On September 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM Pacific Time, barb.k wrote:

Although this is a older post, I am glad I scrolled a few pages back! I haven't seen Dr Hart's name much on this site and was starting to get a little nervous...I am scheduled for surgery with him on Nov 5. I wish I could go to the support group this month but I signed up for a extra shift before consulting the calendar. I am going next month (October) to the "pearls" class which meets at the same time. Did  you go to the pearls class or the support group. It will be my only opportunity to attend one pre op. Thanks for posting it is great to read positive things about that support group. I am starting to reconcile myself to planning on making the very long drive up there as I can't seem to find a support group on the southside.

Do you have a surgery date in mind?

In my opinion the support group is very helpful..."pearls" class is a tour of the hospital and what to expect the day of surgery...but if it were ME?  I would rather talk to and hear first hand experiences of patients post op in the support group   

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Most Active