State Merit Health Plan (PPO)

Alan J.
on 6/21/03 3:22 pm - Cairo, Ga. 31728
Is there anyone who got State Merit to pay for their surgery? My wife is a teacher and this is her insurance. Everyone I have talked to says they won't budge, but I know there must be a way. They need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize this is not cosmetic surgery but life saving surgery. Please let me hear from you.
Kathryn R.
on 6/22/03 5:57 pm - Rome, GA
Alan, I am 11 mos. post-op. I've lost 115 lbs. I too am a teacher. Thank God my husband had other insurance. State Merit will not pay a dime. I am so sorry that I had to tell you this. I will pray that your wife will find some way to have this surgery. It is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Kathryn Reeves Rome, GA.
Marilyn P.
on 6/27/03 10:23 am - Douglasville, GA
I work at a High School and yes, State Merit WILL NOT pay. I called everyone I could right on down (or up) to the state representatives. They said, "We will pay for everything related to the surgery, but not the actual surgery." So far they won't pay for the tummy tuck, so I guess it's not EVERYTHING related to the surgery. I ended up getting TriCare Prime as my husband is a retired soldier. It has been wonderful and I recommend any military person to use it. Marilyn Parker Open RNY October 19, 2001 Douglasville
Most Active