Discovered a new delicious protein drink

eprise616
on 6/22/03 12:05 pm - stone mountain, GA
After attending a W.I.N.G.S. support group meeting my friend and I went to The Vitamin Shoppe to compare prices. We are both pre-ops and want to prepare our kitchens before our big day. We've heard about how our tastes might change but we've got to get nutrition in until we can shop again if we don't like it later. However, I feel there is a good chance it won't. I don't like the taste of most of the artificial sweetners. I've tried the new splenda and it is terrific. So when we saw this new protein drink, we gave a few a try. I LOVED THEM!! They are called Designer Whey Protein Blast. They are fruit flavored. Tastes nothing like the milk shake product. Unlike the Isopure Zero Carb, they don't have that heavy protein smell, not as heavy, and because they are sweetened with sucrolose/Splenda there's no bitter aftertaste. I tried the ABSberry ice and the orange passionFit. I tried them Saturday and Sunday I went and bought ten more. I bought two other flavors as well. the kiwi Strongberry, and the tropiCurl breeze. Give them a try. I pray my taste doesn't change. This part of the preparation has been frustrating as well. Congrats to all who are now on the losing side. Hope to join you very soon.
Arden D.
on 6/23/03 10:01 pm - fayetteville, GA
Sounds good! I hate that protein powder junk - it's nasty.
Susan G.
on 6/25/03 1:26 am - Hiram, GA
Thanks Mary, I have been looking for a while for a good drink, I am 6 months post op, have lost 136 lbs, and feel great, don't worry about the teast changing, it probably will for a little while , things will taste like metal, but it doesn't last, promise, have a great day,susan
Siddy I.
on 6/26/03 2:49 am - Savage, MN
WOW maybe this will be one that I can get down. I hate the taste of most protein drinks but I do like Splenda. I'll be sure to pick some up and give them a try. Thanks so much for the info. ~Sidney~
Anita B.
on 7/7/03 2:03 am
HI, I live in Stn Mtn area and have been looking for a support group as well. When does wings meet? What does it stand for? My surgery is scheduled for 7/10/2003, Thursday. Are you all having a meeting before then? Thankssss..
Most Active