Need Help!!! Anyone had surgery with Northside Bariatric

Melissa E.
on 7/25/03 3:28 am - Alpharetta, GA
I am getting ready to submit my paperwork to begin the glorious insurance process, and I would love to hear from some people who had the surgery at Northside Bariatric with Dr. Waits and Dr. Maczik (sp). I went to their meeting and felt very comfortable, but they require $700 up front to register and that is whether ins pays or denies. So, before I chunk out the $700, I want to know I am going to be in good hands... I also was looking up information on Dr. Champion... anyone familar with his practice? His number on the site apparently has been disconnected. Help, any info would be sooooo appreciated!! Melissa
Siddy I.
on 7/27/03 3:08 am - Savage, MN
I know I may get yelled at for saying this but please find another surgeon. It SHOULD NEVER cost you $700 to find out if you will be denied or not. Any other surgeons office will submit your paperwork at no extra cost. You SHOULD NEVER have to PAY for support groups and false program cost. This is a rip off. There are LOTS of surgeons in GA that have EXCELLENT after care programs that are free. They(Waits group) say they charge these amounts because insurance "only" pays X amount and its not enough to cover expenses will sorry guys, the doctors AGREE to that X amount to be able to carry that insurance company. As far as the program cost, several support groups have doctors,nurses,dietiations, and mental help persons for free at their groups. I also have a dear friend who had her WLS with Dr.Waits about 8 years ago. Back then he had NO after care program at all so now she is MO again and in bad health. She had no idea that we need extra vits and mins, protein and the list goes on and on. Yes she made it to goal iin less than 6 months but the toll it has taken on her body was not worth it. Please look elsewhere. ~Sidney~ Open RNY 10-23-02 down 100+ and counting
Patricia T.
on 7/31/03 11:25 pm - Smyrna, GA
Hi Melissa, That doesn't sound to kosher to me, I would try another surgeon. Dr. Celio Burrowes is my surgeon, and he comes highly recomended you definitely would be in good hands. They also handle all the paperwork with insurance. His support group meets every 1st Saturday of the month down at Atlanta Medical Center. As a matter of fact this months meeting is this Saturday from 3-5 if you would like to come down. If you need any other info please e-mail me. Celio Burrowes (404) 265-1500
Most Active