Dr Daniel Smith

shae7755
on 7/29/03 9:10 am - Atlanta, GA
After talking with my pcp I think I'm going with Dr Smith from emory. I will be attending his seminar on Aug 9 Anyone else used this dr before and if so how long is the wait to have the first appt. Looks like everyone have a 3 month wait time here in Atlanta
Cynde G.
on 8/10/03 10:05 am - Stockbridge, GA
I was going to use Dr Smith, but it was going to be 2 months after the seminar before I could get an appt. I decided to go with Dr Lin in his group. He spoke at the seminar, and I was able to get into see him about 3 weeks after the seminar. Just be fore warned, their office staff is slow. I would highly reccomend that you call your insurance company and find out what all they require for your approval. I didn't do that and it held me up.
Dawn P.
on 8/18/03 12:15 pm
I initially contacted Emory Bariatrics back in November of 2002. I finally received my appointment to attend his seminar on March 15. After attending the seminar, I made sure that I had everything together that they require and called to set up my appointment the following Monday. My first appointment with Dr. Smith was on June 26th. I had all of the required blood work done at my primarys office because it was quicker to get an appointment, and then went for the psycological assesment on July 3rd. Everything was completed by Emory and sent out to BC/BS on August 4th. And this is where I am still today... Waiting on insurance.... Yes, it is a very long process, but he has come highly recommended by my primary care physician, and I value her opinion greatly. I feel alot better knowing that she respects him as much as she does....
Most Active