Pre-Operative Tests

Patricia T.
on 7/31/03 12:51 pm - Smyrna, GA
Can someone please tell me why some people are required to have pre-operative tests like EKG, Pulmonary, Blood work, etc prior to the surgeon submitting to insurance and some get them done after they are approved by insurance? I've read numerous people profiles who don't get that done to the week of surgery or shortly before surgery. I was told that I needed everything before they could submit to insurance, but another lady who I met at the support group was not required to have all that prior to surgeon (same as mine) submitting to insurance. Oh and its the same insurance and same type policy. If anyone can shed light on this please let me know.
Laura F.
on 7/31/03 1:04 pm - Dallas, Ga
Hey Pat, I just read that you are a Burrowes patient. Don't worry about the testing. His office are pro's at getting insurance to approve. And I know for fact that they have different criteria of info needed before he sumits to insurance. I had my initial consult with him Sept. 4, 2002 and had surgery Nov. 18th. You may scratch your head a few times in regard to the office experience, but you will be in the BEST hands surgically. It is exciting to hear of another Fobi patient. I noticed too that you have GERD-he will fix your Hiatel Hernia when he does your surgery. He did this with me and also my friend Ann H that had her surgery with him in June. Blessings with your journey.
Most Active