relocating to moody afb

tacy T.
on 8/16/03 6:19 am - lake park, ga
i am in the middle of an appeal here at dover afb but will have my answer before we move to valdosta. am looking for a bariatric surgeon there. any help from anyone would greatly be appreciated as i am so lost right now in the system. i am so afraid of having to start all over when i have gotten this close here. the orders were very fast and unexpected so i am at at standstill as to where to go or what to do. thanks for letting me vent. anyone can email me if they have any information. good luck to all with upcoming surgeries and congradulations to all who have made the journey to the losing side.
Kristin G.
on 9/1/03 8:02 am - Valdosta, GA
Hi Tacy, Welcome to Valdosta, GA! You're coming to a great place. I've lived here all my life, so I may be a little biased. : ) Anyway, don't worry about a thing. I am part of a support group that several ladies in Valdosta just organized. There are even a couple of ladies whose husbands are out of MAFB. Our website is with www.yahoogroups.com. Look up "Southern_Comfort_OSSG." That's us. As far as surgeons are concerned, there are none in Valdosta. The majority of our group is going to Dr. James K. Champion out of Atlanta. His website is www.drchampion.com. Others have been to Dr. Balliro in Tallahassee, FL. And, there are still others going to different surgeons in the area. I'm a preop. My RNY surgery is scheduled for 10/7/03 with Dr. Champion and I am soooo excited. I can't wait. Good luck on the move over, and you should definitely hook up with us. Just go to the website, and ask for the info. Kristin in GA
Most Active