Help!

kisaacso
on 9/22/03 4:53 am - Stockbridge, GA
If there anyone that has fibromalygia and got their insurance provided to approve the surgery. My Kaiser primary physician is reluctant for me to have the procedure. She stated for me to wait a year! I have been overweight for over 20 years and was diagnosed with fibromalygia (a painful muscle disorder) for a 1 1/2 now and I tried to explain to her that maybe I would not have so much pain and could move around alot better if I was not overweight. I am 47.3% in body fat mass and weigh at 284 pounds, I'm 49 years old; have arthritis in my right ankle. I don't know where to turn or what to do to take the necessary steps in getting Kaiser's approval. I want to make sure they have everthing they need so they will approve it. Can someone advise! Thanks, Karen
dchildress
on 9/30/03 12:03 am - Covington, GA
Karen, You have to take control of your health care. It really does not matter that your PP does not like the idea ask her if she is willing to give you a referal. If she is then go out and find you a surgeon. Go to some of the support goup meetings in your area, they are full of information. (That you can take back to your PP to educate her with) Once you have found a surgeon that you would like to work with then you can really work your plan which may take a year to complete. The other factor is that you have to make sure your insurance will accept the surgery. I know that my husband and I were on Kaiser and it contained an exclusion clause were they would not cover any obesity care at all. No surgery, or medications, or other treatments. Period. Please feel free to contact me any time. Hang in there and dont give up. Donna Childress
Most Active